Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 issue with assemblies

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

We just upgraded to ST10 late last week. Some users are seeing a problem with assemblies where they single left click on a component in the pathfinder as you might do if you wished to look at related constrains for example. However, instead of just hilighting the component and showing the constraints and the two ribbons that pop up  (edit in place and move) it immediately inserts another instance into the assembly. Mine did it yesterday but not today so far but two others are complaining today.

I have a vague impression that I've heard of this here but I'm not certain and can't find anything related in searches. Does this ring any bells?

Edit: Since I just discovered that we have the Win10 Fall Creator's update is it probable that this is being caused by the resultant slow dialog generation?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
12 REPLIES

Re: ST10 issue with assemblies

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand Yes, this problem was mentioned on here within the last few months. It is a royal PIA.

However, I don't think it is an ST10 problem, unless it has gotten worse in ST10. I have had the problem on ST9 and possibly even back to ST8. 

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

@rehenryjrInteresting. What's your Windows version?

We've never seen it here until this upgrade to ST10 which coincided with the Win10 update. The full Win10 update occurred despite my wish and warning to only allow security updates.

Does anyone know how easy it is to roll back to a previous Win version?

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand I am currently seeing it ST9 w/ Windows 10 (no Fall Creators Update) now and I previously saw it on Windows 7 w/ ST9. I have ST10 installed on Windows 10 with a dual install, but I have not spent enough time in ST10 to see if it is the same or worse. 

It happened to me just this morning when working on a fairly large assembly.

Something is definitely different in the later ST versions. I do not ever recall this happening a few versions back.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand You jinked me. Smiley Indifferent I had never experienced that. Then I opened an assembly, created a part in place, returned to assembly and went to select the part to delete it and BAMB! It created another copy of it! 

@RyanM, Aha! Same happened to me when a user came over to complain about it. Hadn't seen it until then.

Anyway, I posted an IR, just got off the phone with GTAC and it is indeed the friggin Win10 1706 1709/16299 update.

I assume you have that?

Although @rehenryjr's experience would counter that theory.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

I definitely saw this on Windows 7, no doubt about it.

As you can see below, I am not running the Fall Creators update. However, I am running Windows 10 Home on this laptop, not Pro.

WinVer.jpg

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

@rehenryjr, a user here said he'd seen it before too but not as bad as now.

Bruce Shand

Genius
Genius
We see the problem here and have logged an IR on it. (Can't recall when and/or the #).
I noticed I see it more when I am resting my hand on the 3Dconnexion controller and probably moving the assembly some with it. Just a thought that it is a dance between the mouse and the controller that throws another instance into the assembly.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP7 - Insight

@DaleSmith, I filed one also and GTAC just added it to the "master" one. Which I believe is PR 9052659.

Bruce Shand