Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 language English, German and Spanish

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I need some help to get three languages on my Solid Edge ST10 installation.

Actually the Windows(7) installation is in spanish and I used German language installer, at the end the software has the option to use the UI in English (no rush with that) but I still need it working in German. Spanish language appears if I uncheck the option for the English at SE options.

Thanks.

E.M.

3 REPLIES

Re: ST10 language English, German and Spanish

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is no out-of-the-box supported way to accomplish this.

Solid Edge ST10 will allow you to run Solid Edge in either the installed operating system language, in your example Spanish, or in English. That is it.  There is no selector to then allow you to run Solid Edge in a third language.

There are ways to fake the system and force Solid Edge to run in a language other than the operating system or English but those are all unsupported.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Attached is a very simple DOS batch script to allow you to select a language and then run Solid Edge in that language.  However, this is a basic script [which meets my needs perfectly!] which has many limitations, including not permanently setting the desired language.  However, you can then use this script as a starting point to develop a more fully fleshed out utility for your own needs.

P.S. Rename the attached file to the .cmd extension to run it

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

great!

regards
Wolfgang