Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST10 publication!

Legend
Legend

@ bnemec

Give it a try, but do NOT try to create parts Synchronous, just try to master modifications first...

If you are not able to get it done, assign 1-2 user from your group and let them do the work.. Synchronous is very good and mature... Its around for almost 10 year now and stable since ST3-4

We did a small contest on one of the usergroup meetings that I hosted, create a simple part... and than do a modification.. The (young) guys that mastered Synchronous won that "contest".

This contest was also done during Solid Edge university 2012 and Rick Mason was the quickest, and Rick is an Solid Edge dinosaurus

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos
Emmen, The Netherlands
User since Solid Edge V3.5 Now testing Solid Edge ST10 (=V30)

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

If any of you are experts in Sync, I have a question. If a sheet metal part is created in Sync, is there a way to switch that part to ordered, and gain the unbend-rebend workflow so that the plasic zone of the sheet metal can be cut and worked with in the flat? I don't think there is a way to add that type of ordered feature to a Sync part.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @12GAGE

yes there always is the possibility to have this type of hybrid modeling, that menas sync and ordered together in one part.

The only limitation so far is, that all ordered features only can be after the sync body, but to be honest, this is not really a problem.

So with ST9 You can start with Your sync sheet as long as sync will be convenient to You and then You can change to ordered for Your bned/unbend procedere.

With ST10 - if I understood right  - the bend/unbend will be possible in sync only too.

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Horray!,Then I will be able to use Sync! Without that workflow, there is no way to make the sheet metal parts I need. Right now if the sheet part is sync, no unbending is allowed. And there are no tools to control cuts around bends that show up in the bent model.

MLombard
Retired

There's not exactly a bend/unbend function, but it works automatically. Check out the latest blog for more details on how it works:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/What-s-New-in-ST10-Wrapped-Cut/ba-p/...

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

HI @MLombard

as already mentioned in the blog, this functionallity seesm not to be something new for ST10.

I'm just doing the same here with ST9 and did it with ST8, ST7, ST6, and maybe earlier

I thought here will come something really new?

Do I  misinterpret the What's New?

regards
Wolfgang

MLombard
Retired

Looking at the what's new again, it seems that maybe how the cut across bends reacts to change is the new functionality. I'll try to get some verification on this.

HI @MLombard

thanks for Your efforts

regards
Wolfgang

MLombard
Retired

Yeah, I confirmed with Dan Vinson, planner for parts and sheet metal, what's new is the error message and how cut across bends reacts to change.

Hi @MLombard

again, thanks for clarifying the "What's New in ST10 with SheetMetal" issue.

I thought that this will become more in the traditional way of unbend/rebend

regards
Wolfgang