(ST4) Closing inside corners

Creator
Creator

Hello

I'm working on SE ST4 and I need to close the four inside corners of this file (attached). 

What's the way to get my design finished fine?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

12 REPLIES

Re: (ST4) Closing inside corners

Creator
Creator

I need to get 0.15 - 0 mm for the red quote on the flat pattern for the laser cutting machine.

Phenom
Phenom

You need to change the @"Extend Relief Width" in the@"Contour Flange" option dialog to whatever you need.

BEND.png

Creator
Creator
I made it, but my SE ST4 doesn't let me to unfold the sheetmetal part if I input a value under 0,33 mm for a 1 mm thickness sheet.

Phenom
Phenom
On ST8 it unfold even with 0 mm

Creator
Creator
I can't update anymore :-(.

Thank you for your help.

Creator
Creator
I made it! The problem was I was selecting the inner line for the contour flange. I selected the outside line and worked fine!

Now, the problem is that I can't close this corner.
Are there any trick to solve it?
Thank you.

MLombard
Retired

You will probably not be able to get a real 0 distance gap. If it's a face-to-face 0 distance, the software is going to want to eliminate the common face, to make a manifold body. If the situation creates an edge-to-edge 0 distance, that's the dreaded 0 thickness condition (search the community for "zero thickness").

The best you'll probably be able to do is some number smaller than your tolerance, like 0.0001 gap. It's just a mathematical/CAD limitation that we tend to hear about every few months.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Creator
Creator

I get the following error (google translate):

Selected folded not form a valid two folded corner. Folded must share a common face and bending angles must be over 90 degrees.

On the attached files, the program doesn't let to apply a close corner feature over the file 1, however works fine over the file #2 if I previously 'clean' the peak of the corner.

MLombard
Retired

@schako, there's a problem when you flatten out the interior Flange22 and Flange23, they will overlap. Are you really trying to create a punched/drawn feature rather than bends?

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.