Solved! Go to solution

ST4 save as DWG

I have a scaled drawing file. When I export to model space it stays scaled so any dimensions added in autocad are wrong. Can I just export a drawing at 1:1 scale to model space? Ideally this would effectively scale the boarder and title block up.

If I export to paper space it puts a 1:1 scale of each view in model space but not the boarder and dimensions. The other part of this problem is that the drawing file with boarders and dimensions has a box around each view like Solid Edge shows when the views need to be updated. In solid edge the views are updated and it doesn't show the box, but when converted to dwg it shows the boarder.

10 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Parac
‎11-16-2016 02:56 PM

Re: ST4 save as DWG

The box around the views might just be the view borders and the layer, often named "DV", is on.

Here are my options settings which bring the border and views at 1:1 into model space. I have another setting for paper space settings.

Bottom line is play around with the options settings.

seacad1.JPGseacad2.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Parac wrote:

I have a scaled drawing file. When I export to model space it stays scaled so any dimensions added in autocad are wrong. Can I just export a drawing at 1:1 scale to model space? Ideally this would effectively scale the boarder and title block up.

Hi there @Parac,

If I am reading your question correctly, I think the short answer is NO, with regards to the boarder scaling in particular.

Basically, the ACAD export is a WYSIWYG.....so if you want a suitable drawing boarder and all the views in it to be 1:1, then this is what you need to create in Solid Edge, which shouldn't be too much of a big deal, as they are very simple to make custom setups.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

My settings above were applied to a drawing with views scaled at 1:2. The views in Acad model space came in at 1:1 and the border scaled up at 2:1.

Bruce Shand

I don't see that DV option, unless it is somewhere else in ST4.

The scaling option is what I was missing.

bshand wrote:

The box around the views might just be the view borders and the layer, often named "DV", is on.

Here are my options settings which bring the border and views at 1:1 into model space. I have another setting for paper space settings.

Bottom line is play around with the options settings.

Parac wrote:

I don't see that DV option, unless it is somewhere else in ST4.

The scaling option is what I was missing.

Don't have an ST4 system to look at what was there, but I recall there were many improvements made to the ACAD translator functionality, and I think these settings were included in a later release.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Even though that layer option isn't in your version the view border layer will still be there and may be named something else?

Bruce Shand

The whole view boarder layer option is not in that dialog box.

[ Edited ]

@Parac, have you tried [if you are aware of it] looking in the "INI" file, for these options.....I think some of the new ACAD Translator UI accesses what may have been buried in this "seacad.ini" file. [recommend making a backup copy of the original ahead of tweaking]

I may also be over simplifying what Development have done there. Robot Embarassed

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@SeanCresswell, Sean, that was implied in my posts and pictures and I think he knows about it already.

Bruce Shand