ST5: Can't find Command User Interface in horizontal form.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Recently started using Solid Edge ST5. I'm unable to find my Command User Interface in horizontal form, but when I switch it to Use vertical docking window form under Helpers, no problems. Thoughts on how I can get it back in toolbar form?

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Just turn off the option that you turned on to use the ve...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just turn off the option that you turned on to use the vertical docking window.  If you still can't find it when in a command, then there is a chance that it somehow got pushed off screen.  Unfortunately the only way to resolve that is either put the computer displays back that were removed/changed (if that's what caused it) or reset the position of the command bar via the registry by deleting the following key... (HKEY_USERS\yourusername\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 105\UI\QuickBar Options)

NOTE: Registry Editing must only be done if you know what you are doing, as performing the wrong edit can permanently disable your application or operating system (Windows) and require re-install to repair.  USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Re: Just turn off the option that you turned on to use the ve...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ken,

I followed the path you sent me down, but instead of completely deleting the QuickBar Options key, there was a file labeled position. The value was much higher than my screen resolution. I changed the values from 2890,153 to 10,10. Reopened Solid Edge and there it was! Top corner.

Thank you for the direction.

-Mark

Re: Just turn off the option that you turned on to use the ve...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
No problem. Deleting the Key just sets it back to the default position until you move it again :-)

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3