ST5 Drawing of Part with Links has Dark Grey Border

The issue I am coming across is as follows:

Create a part that has some features "subtracted" from it that are linked to solid body parts (part copy).

Create a drawing of the part that has the subtractions in it.

Now whenever I go back to open that drawing it comes in with the dark grey border around the view and says that it must be updated. This happens even if the part hasn't been opened or modified since. I was able to track it down and limit it to the part copy links that are causing this need to update. To get around it I must open my part and manually select "Update All Links" under the tool tab. Then when I return to the drawing and update view the dark grey border goes away.

Is there a way to avoid this step? So that the dark grey box won't appear every single time I reopen this drawing?

3 REPLIES

Betreff: ST5 Drawing of Part with Links has Dark Grey Border

Hi @C_Berg

those dark grey corners arround the draft view indicates, that the 3D documnet on which the view is based itself is out-of-date.

This can be due to a change in the very base part, You have "Part Copy" into the shown document.

So opening the viewed part and "Updating All Links" does an update of this part, but do You have saved it too?

After saving this part the dark grey corners shouldn't appear any more, till somebody will change the original part again.

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

We have that issue all the time and no matter how many times you open the assembly/part, update and save, the dark corners are back the next time you open the draft. It's so common we pretty much ignore it. It would be nice, however, if there was an option to lighten the color significantly or turn it off altogether for the current session. I have an ER pending for that.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Any part or assembly that doesn't have its mass properties up-to-date can also cause this problem.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.