Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST5 License Renewal: Code sent to me is for ST7 and does not work in the ST5 License Manager

Creator
Creator

I have Solid Edge ST5 whose license has expired. I went to the link given in the automatic upgrade email I had recieved. 

After filling in all my details I got a code but for ST7. If I start the ST5 License Utility & try to enter this code under "I have an academic code" then the "OK" button needed to proceed stays grayed out. 

What are my options? If possible I do not want to upgrade to ST7 right away but want to continue using my ST5. 

Any ideas? 

7 REPLIES

Re: ST5 License Renewal: Code sent to me is for ST7 and does not work in the ST5 License Manager

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@cadpanda

I will create a Solid Edge ST5 Academic license file for you and email it to your registered Solid Edge Community email address now.

(I will also send you an ST5 academic code - if you'd rather go that route.)

Let me know if you need further help.

Enjoy,

Laura

Re: ST5 License Renewal: Code sent to me is for ST7 and does not work in the ST5 License Manager

Creator
Creator

@LauraWatson 

Thanks so much for those! ST5 works now! 

If I may pick your brain more: My OS is Windows 7 64 bit Home Basic. Would any of the latter versions of Solid Edge Student Edition run on this system? Or do they all only work on Pro?

Community Manager

@cadpanda

Solid Edge ST6, ST7, and ST8 all should run fine on Windows 7 Home. This operating system is just not a configuration which we certify internally or formally support for production use. But  I am not aware of any problems running Solid Edge on Windows 7 Home.

Sounds like it's now time for you to give ST7 or ST8 a try.  Today ST7 is on the free student download.  We have requested IT upload the ST8 free student download later this month.

Enjoy!

Laura

Creator
Creator
Thanks. I think I will definately give a new version a shot. My experience with ST5 has been pretty fantastic. 

If I could do one feature request it is that you should release more of the Piping functionality for the Student Version to try out!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Respected Mam;

Greetings of the day.I have a solid edge ST7 but I got Academic code for ST8.My Institute is using ST7 so for same environment I want to use ST7.Will you please help me to get the ST7 Academic code? As when I enter ST8 code the OK button stays greyed out.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Community Manager

@CARCRAZER

Please send me the email you received when registered for ST8 and I will use it to create you a new ST7 academic license file.

Laura

watson.laura@siemens.com

Creator
Creator

@Laura

It is time for me to renew my License again. Last year you had helped me by generating a License File for my ST5. Is it possible to send me another one this time? 

I tried renewing via the online interface but unfortunately it does not have the option to generate a ST5 License File.