ST5 how to rescale to change size of imported STEP geomtry?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I have a part file which was created from a STEP geometry import. The geometry should have been 40mm x 40mm, except it came it at 40,000mm x 40,000mm. Everything is dimensionally correct, except the scale is 1000x.

How can I scale the imported 3D geometry to the correct size? I would delete the part, email the vendor for a new STEP import, and start over, but the problem is (my own fault) that I didn't notice the scale issue and I already imported it into Teamcenter. Therefore I need to fix it by scaling it, or by re-creating it with features and deleting the body (assuming this is even possible), since I can't delete it out of Teamcenter easily (someone else can).

I've been trying to figure this out with Solid Edge help function and Google but I have not had any luck.

Thanks

Jared

2 REPLIES

Re: ST5 how to rescale to change size of imported STEP geomtry?

Phenom
Phenom

Hello,

you can crerate a new PAR model.

Add your createt PAR from a STEP file to your new PAR as a COPY.

And change the scale to 0.01. If it doesn't work, you have to change the parameters like shown in the attachements.

I hope it works for you,

Yasser

scale_01.jpg

scale_02.jpgscale_03.jpg

Re: ST5 how to rescale to change size of imported STEP geomtry?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think Solid Edge can do what I wanted so I just deleted the STEP import body and re-created the geometry with features.

Thanks.