Solved! Go to solution

ST6 Dimension Issues

Hi, i am realtivly new to ST6 and have been using it fine for some time, recently i tried to create a sheet metal item and had a few problems with it. However this is not the problem, now when i try to create a new 3D item, i draw the base rectangle but i cannot alter its dimensions, as i was able to before. if i create a simple rectangle then dimension one side it comes up blue and does not bring up a dimension input box. after that clicking on it i am unable to change it. if i extrude the rectangle i can then change the dimensions. i have no doubt i have changed some preference or setting some where but stuffed if i can find where.   Any help apprecited as it is keeping me up at nights literaly as i have a job to complete!

Regards

Mark

5 REPLIES

Re: ST6 Dimension Issues

Hi Mark,

A video might help. I assume you are in ordered mode, not synchronous. Rather than trying to change the size through PMI, click on the feature itself and edit it, which will bring you to the base sketch you drew, and allow you to make changes to whatever you'd like.

-Dylan Gondyke

Hi Dylan,

many thanks for the comment. no i am in synchronous mode. hence most of the confusion. See attached video. i accept that i am a new user but i am very familiar with CAD packages in general.

any comment?

Regards

Mark

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkBar
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

It is because you turned off "Maintain Relationships" located in the upper right hand corner of the Relate section of the ribbon bar.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

Extreme THANKS! i knew it would be somehting simple. i persisted for many hours before i came here!!!

KEEP CALM

AND

CONSULT THE SE FORUM

Smiley LOL

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10