[ST6] Move un-maintained node-locked license

Builder
Builder

I'm going to buy a new workstation, and I will have to move my ST6 Design&Drafting license. Due to the lack of active maintenance contract, I cannot access to the web service to activate the license on the new WS. At the same time, I asked to my VAR how to make the transfer, but I didn't have any answer.

Any suggestions? I remember that the procedure was assured under a fee of 1300 Euros for each move in the past, but I don't know if this is still valid or not.

Re: [ST6] Move un-maintained node-locked license

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Alessandro wrote:

I remember that the procedure was assured under a fee of 1300 Euros for each move in the past, but I don't know if this is still valid or not.

$1300.... Dang!

Sorry, of no help at all.....just my empathy. Robot Sad

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Builder
Builder

I received an answer by my former VAR, and he said that things are un-changed: the fee to move a license to a different workstation is 1350 euros, if there is not an active manteinance contract.

Very bad bad bad bad way to treat a customer that bought the software when it was protected by the hardware dongle, and was not aware that Siemens was going to change the rules, putting a lock on his perpetual and unlimited (LOL!) licenses.

Builder
Builder

I agree, that really doesn't seem fair. I could see a nominal fee to perform the transfer, but $1350 is not nominal. I'd guess that if a human were even involved in the process, it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to approve and process the request. Many companies would do something like that for free and enter it onto the books under "Customer Good Will".