Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST6 Student version running on Windows 8.1 Pro?

N/A

Hey guys,

I'm an Engineering student and I'm using Solid Edge ST6 at the university for student research. I need to do parts of the work at home, but I use Windows 8.1 and the ST6 Student version doesn't run on my system. Can anybody tell me, if it works on the Windows 8.1 Pro version because I wouldn't upgrade if it doesn't. The system requirements say that it works with Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise.

Thanks for a quick answer,

Kind regards,
Stefan

5 REPLIES

Re: ST6 Student version running on Windows 8.1 Pro?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
ST6 came out before Windows 8.1, so there is no official support for it. Now I do not have access to a Windows 8.1 machine to test, but I would not have thought a minor Windows version change would have prevented SE from working. What kind of issue do you have... just won't install?

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

N/A
Thx for the answer! Yes, the installation doesn't start. When I click on the downloaded setup file, it says that the file is corrupted.

When I click on the downloaded setup file, it says that the file is corrupted.

Hi Stefan,
Chances are, that this message is correct......you'll need to download the .exe file again, and you may also require a download manager to protect against interuptions, especially if the download speed is not very high.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Does the same downloaded file work on a Win 7 or 8 PC? If not, maybe the download is corrupt.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

N/A
I was using a download manager and the download was complete (1.93 GB). I thought you also get the "file is corrupt" message, if your system is incompatible. Because after downloading it another time I was running a compatibility request and it told me that I should run the file in Windows 7 compatibility-mode (it seems like Windows 8.1 is able to do that Smiley Happy ). But when that didn't work either, I requested the Download-file once more, downloaded it and suddenly it worked. So the ST6 Student Version IS running on Windows 8.1! But anyway, thanks for the help!