ST7 - Coordinate Dimensions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,

In ST6 [& prior] I used to be able to place my coodinate dimensions, not only as normally aligned along, but anywhere on the model, be that same side, or opposite side to the origin.

Now, in ST7, when I pick a target element, SE autmatically places the ordinate dimension, but aligned to the origin. Nice click reduction, but I'd much rather a button to re-enable the previous method.

I discovered holding the "Alt" key enables rogue placement, which is halfway there, but subsequent dimensions nolonger align to the first, "non-standard", dimension location....and is how my attached picture shows the top series, being placed. [by eye-crometer]

Anybody eles seeing this?

Surely this ins't by design??.....I'd have to say, the loss of that basic functionality, is a regression in my eyes.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10
3 REPLIES

Re: ST7 - Coordinate Dimensions

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Sean,

when I am using the ALT key for the first "new" dimensions (upper), the following will be placed exactly where the should be.

20141008_1036.GIF

And I think, these are less mouse clicks than before

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wolfgang,

Ah yes, I see it does actually work that way.....you just can't alternate during placement, BUT, with first selecting the "like this" ordinate dimension, it will continue in that guise.

I'll call this an accepted solution....especially, now I know NOT to keep trying to "ALT + place" all of the opposite side dims. Happy to still be learning new tricks. Thanks!  Robot Happy

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

this is very annoying and causes each draft to take longer to draw than it should, the automatic dimention is also rubbish. i saw nothing wrong with how st6 worked.