ST7 - Default background color settings not available anymore

Phenom
Phenom

I'm getting ready to deploy ST7 in my office and i'm setting everything first in my workstation.

I just noticed that with the new background option in the settings, colors tab there isn't anymore the default background color option.

The problem is when I open models that have no background color selected. In this case the background it became all white. In ST6 it was possible to choose that "default" background color.

The white background is very annoying for my eyes, there is a registry setting where i can change it ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: ST7 - Default background color settings not available anymore

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The control is still there, it camoflauged as a button labeled "Background/View Overrides" and is the same control found on the View tab of the Ribbon called "View Overrides".  Look on the Background tab of the resultant form.

background.png

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Phenom
Phenom

Ok now I do understood it, it is a bit difficult to find it at first cause there is mixed Global and File specific settings now.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also access it now from the context menu when right-clicking in an empty area of the view with nothing selected:

background.png

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It would really be great if Gradient Background was a global setting and not a file specific setting Smiley Frustrated

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

I agree.  Our thousands of .par parts have a white background.  Anytime I wish to view, modify or create a copy for use elsewhere, I need to manually change the background to gradient.  Every pic counts and I try to keep all of them during my  design sessions to a minimum.  Wish somebody would finally fix this.  Tx!

Phil