ST7 Display Configurations problem

Creator
Creator

I have created multiple Display Configurations in my model, giving each one a code number. Can I export these codes for use as drawing numbers in my Draft GA (multible tabs) like you can when you export Parts List info.

Thanks

(It would make life a lot easier).

Ooops!

Missed one crucial detail. The information comes from the exported assembly, not the Parts List.

Sorry...

Not used to these forums

3 REPLIES

Re: ST7 Display Configurations problem

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by "giving each one a code number". Do you mean you named the configuration with a "code" as the name? I'm also not sure what you mean by "export these codes". To an Excel file? Also, what do you mean by "comes from the exported assembly"?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For some reason I got your reply (shown below) in my email notification but it doesn't appear here?! The hyperlink to the post takes me somewhere completely different.

"Hello bshand,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes each configuration is given a code number for sales purposes.

Due to the fact from anyone modeI can have up to 60 to 70 vatiations.

When I import the the configuration into my drawing enviroment, I want my configuration

to automatically name the drawing border? The same way an .asm file does.

At the moment i'm putting the information in by hand."

Anyway, I don't think there's any way to automatically link the configuration names. .asm files can because filename is an available property. Config names are not available as properties in the file. I thought maybe you could create properties and use them as the config name AND call the property in a caption text string but there's no way (that I know of) to link properties to config names. And even if you could you would also need them tied to the view somehow. PMI views were another thought but their names are not available as properties either. So unfortunately it seems there's no way to use configs to drive your captions. It would seem like a useful enhancement if you could.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

Hello bshand,

Thanks again for your reply.

I agree, it would be a great inhancement...