ST7 - Draft File Access Denied

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi All,

I was just 5 minutes ago working with a draft file [that was created in ST6], when SE froze up on me, so I used task manager to bail out of Solid Edge.....but, NOW, I get the error message below...

SE_ST7_DraftFileOpenError.png

I normally work locally [remove from the network] for longer session "In Work" files, but I was just making some additions to an existing drawing, located on our NAS....when this event happened.

I am the only seat of Solid Edge, and no other versions, or anything like that, were accessing the file I was working with.

The multi sheet draft file represents quite a few hours work, so I'd really like to get it back. Any advise on how to go about that?

This is not urgent yet, but it will be soon....as I am away on leave for 2 weeks, from the 23rd.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
10 REPLIES

Re: ST7 - Draft File Access Denied

I think you had an network error, therefore Solid Edge could not write it to it's location. The draft is therefore corrupt. I hope you can call a back-up file, otherwise I think you need to create a new draft.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Phenom
Phenom

Send it into GTAC to see if they can repair it. That's the only way I've heard of these files being fixed. Smiley Sad

-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniël,

Yeah, for sure.....even more perplexing was, it was near the end of my work day, and almost all others that access the NAS had gone, so the least amount of traffic.

NOT looking forward to re-creating the entire draft file....will wait to see what GTAC comes back with.

Sean Cresswell

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dylan,

Have communicated with the development team, and hope to hear back soon.

I may be forced to begin recreating the file in parallel, else I'm going to miss the mark, to match production timing.

HA, and the funny part is.....it was while I was complaining about, what I now know as the "NEW" coodinate dimensions work flow, that this error occured. Robot Frustrated

Sean Cresswell

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sean, you may try copying the file with revision manager and seeing if the copy works.  Doubt it will, but worth a shot.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ken,

Just looked into that method....the draft doesn't list any of the models contained within, so not a very good sign.

After making the copy, it has the same error. Robot Frustrated

Sean Cresswell

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Hi Sean,

How big is the problem file?  Is it a few hundred kilobytes, several magabytes, or just a few bytes?  The reason I ask is that I have seen this error before (or at least a couple of my colleagues have).  Typically what happened is that SE had crashed on them while saving and the file got corrupted.  The big clue to the file being trashed was the file size was only a few bytes instead of the usual several hundred kilobytes or more.  If that is the case then recovering the file will be an exercise in futility.

Chris

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

The "corrupt" version of the file sits at 1.72MB, but the original file would've been about 35~40MB.

I have spent most of yesterday and this morning reconstructing it, and that is sitting at 37.5MB and has 3 more sheets to be completed with views & dimensions. It's a good thing it's not an overly complicated drawing set, an only spans 10 sheets.

Manukau Precinct_Seat_Type-1A [r0][Img-02][render panel].png

Sean Cresswell

I think it's a good step to recreate the drawing, I believe it was really broken.

Nice rendering, so Keyshot works great
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10