ST7 Hole Database

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Whenever I open properties for a hole, I get the warning message:

"Duplicate diameters were found for the same thread family identifier defining threads. Make sure there are no duplicate diameters for the same thread family identifier in the threaded database."

I have opened the excel file and I have looked and looked, but I can find no duplicates. I don't think I have ever modified this database, so I don't understand how there can be duplicates. Is this some known issue? This happens with every standard: DIN, ISO, etc.

7 REPLIES

Re: ST7 Hole Database

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you examine all the columns for duplicate diameter values?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I did. I didn't find any. However I did notice that it only happens on that part file. When I start a new part I don't have the problem.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Yes that is a problem in 7. it's due to the new hole.txt. All you need to do when this happen is. Edit the hole/tap, change it size and then change it back. Or delete the hole n the profile anfd apply a new one. By doing this your using the new hole size from the new hole.txt file. This should stop it.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe someone can explain what goes on with the \preferences\holes.txt file relative to the \preferences\holes\*.xls files.

I changed the ANSI Inch.xlsx file, adding a hole size that was lacking. This thread prompted me to look at holes.txt and I noticed it was modified on the same date as the Excel file was.

I don't remember when the Excel files were instituted, ST8 I guess, but does SE still need holes.txt so that it changes it automatically according to what happens in the Excel files?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Legend

ok, from my take on this. in ST7 i think, they added ANSI Inch.xlsx and removed holes.txt. holes.txt isn't even in my default folder. I just use ANSI Inch.xls. This why you have problem's with old files, the info don't match the new file

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The problem file was created in ST8.

PLM World Member Legend

got me on that, havent it happen since i've cnaged to 8