ST7 Holes spreadsheet - can more holes be added?

Hello,

I really like the new hole spreadsheet - it's much easier to read and edit.  I use a lot of PEM Hardware and was wondering about the best process to add those particular holes.  They're just plain holes, but typically with a -.000, +.003 tolerance.  Can I just add them to the "simple" tab at the end?  An example would be Subtype - Pem; Size - S-632-2  and Hole Diameter - .188.

Is that the correct format?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
11 REPLIES

Re: ST7 Holes spreadsheet - can more holes be added?

Hi Kyle,

Why bother with the spreadsheet?

.....I just use the hole UI dialogue box, to add "Saved Settings"....then when using the hole command, the quick select dropdown is available without needing to open the main dialogue.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Sean,

Good idea.  I'll give that a try as well.  I thought about adding the holes to the spreadsheet, copying the spreadsheet to the server and pointing SE to that location so I wouldn't lose the spreadsheet during an upgrade - like I did with the "holes.txt" file a couple of times.  Smiley Happy   .  I was able to add rows to the spreadsheet but for some reason it would only show a couple of the ones I originally entered.  I then just copied rows I knew SE like and then edited them with the new data.  It seems to work pretty well.

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Kyle,

Yeah I guess being the only seat here, has the advantage of not having to worry about how these things are distributed across a group. Hope this method works out for you.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

As Sean said, do it in Siolid Edge. And all the holes, that you will save in SE, will be saved in Custom.xml. So, just point all the SE users to this custom.xml and they will have the same saved holes. No need for a spreadsheet.

I assumed this thread an an entirly different question that I have. Let's say you have a hole table but you have added a hole to the part after the hole table was created. Can the new hole be added to the existing table?

Right now I delete the exiting table and create it again.

Yes, edit the hole table and at the Hole selection step on the command bar, select the new hole.  Should be the one not highlighted Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

Hi Kyle,

I used to work with a lot of PEM hardware, too.

I used to save holes with the Saved Settings option, but with the new spreadsheet functionality it might be fun/worthwhile project to actually make a spreadsheet dedicated to PEM hardware.

This could maybe be shared with the community.

* Opinions are my own.

Steven Sheldon
Advanced Applications Engineer
Siemens PLM Software

* Opinions expressed are my own.

I posted on the 'gripes' thread about having the tolerance as part of the hole definition, so that it came through as part of the hole callout on the drawing.

These kinds of holes are exactly where that functionality is required.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Totally agree, there should be the ability to add tolerancing to the spreadsheet. 

Especially useful for PEM and Rivnut holes so I don't have to add the tolerance to all those hole dimensions on the draft.