Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST7: Incorrect display of sketch, hang image, problem with the refresh?

Creator
Creator
i have the same problem on ST9, there's any solutions?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I supose that in ST9 this problem is with wrong driver. What a card and Windows version?

Hi,

I also had this problem on my Dell Precision M4700 Workstation when it use Intel HD videocard but I swich off in BIOS and only use Quadro card and setting solid edge "Advanced graphics cards" and after solved this problem.01.png

Tibor

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi!

Same issue here with ST9.

My configuration is: Acer Aspire 6530G, Windows 10 64bits, 4GRAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 3400/3200 Hybrid

Drivers updated.

No problems detected with ST8 and the same configuration.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi
as Entra-Sys_1994 shows three post above, try different graphics settings in SE. If only "software driven" option helps with your problem, I think it is related to graphics card or its driver. In future newer SE releases will (IMHO) drops support for older cards like older Quadros FX or non-CAD graphics cards.

Some other tips to tweak graphics are in posted link above.

Only solution I know is to upgrade your HW, if you want to use power of GPU.

Ota

Experimenter
Experimenter
Doesn't help.

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is unrelated to the graphic driver, at least to the driver versions, as I have tried many.

I have had the issue on both Dell workstations and custom built WS, with both Quadro and FirePro cards, with W7, W8 and W10.

I can make the issue happen at any time in ST7/ST8 if I edit a part or sketch while I use the scroll wheel at the same time. As I use shortcuts for Edit and Leave Edit functions, I see this regularly. Also, the slower the computer is, the more time it spends switching interfaces, so SE have a bigger "window" to trigger the bug.

It happens much less frequently under ST9, but I've got it 2-3 times since we migrated about a month ago (and a few other users as well). This may be due to some improvements to the interface.

I have logged with Siemens about this issue back in ST8, but couldn't pinpoint how to make the issue happen steadily. Now that I have found something, and also found that it can also happen in ST9, I let them know, but have yet to hear back from them.