ST7 MP2 Broken View Dimensioning Problem

Builder
Builder

I've got a ~30" long column with a mounting flange on each end that needs to have about .063" machined off of each end after the flanges are welded on. I usually show this in the draft by going into "Draw in View" and drawing a line parallel to the machined faces with a .063" offset. Then I close draw in view and place a dimension from this line to ther face. This has always worked fine in the past, but now I'm getting really weird numbers (see screen cap) the bottom number was placed in draw in view, middle number was placed in the view in broken state, top number (correct) was placed in un-broken state. Anybody else see anything like this?

14 REPLIES

Re: ST7 MP2 Broken View Dimensioning Problem

Builder
Builder

Further noticed that "draw in View" does not seem to be part of the problem, I'm also getting dimension errors when trying to place dimensions between "real" edges in the same broken view.

Builder
Builder

Aother note (is there no way to edit messages on this forum?): This is a broken view of a section view with a revolved section.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi, 

no, I can't reproduce this problem.

To draw in view and dim that works fine here.

See picture:

2014_11_24_1552.GIF

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

Keye wrote:

Further noticed that "draw in View" does not seem to be part of the problem, I'm also getting dimension errors when trying to place dimensions between "real" edges in the same broken view.

I think I take this back, I am not able to see this error except when dimensioning to at least one line that was placed by Draw in View.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I also have drawn the two lines You see there in the draft view.

It also makes no difference wether You start with the line of the part or with the drawn line

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

Thank you for checking Wolfgang, I'm going to update my graphics driver and try again, maybe its just me.

Phenom
Phenom

HI,

I would not think at grafics, but may be.

Another try could be, to draw a sketch or a surface withihn the 3d part and then show that in the draft view.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

As you expected, graphics update didn't change anything. I tried another section view without a revolved section, and I can dimension it normally, so I'm focusing on it being related to the revolved section and Draw in View. The revolved section is not really needed for this drawing, I just did it to rotate a couple bolt holes into the sectioneed cut, so I'm not dead-in-the-water, but I'll try a few more revolved sections to see if I can reproduce the error.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Keye,

also a revolved and broken section view with drawn lines works fine and correctly here.

2014-11-24_1647.GIF

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang