I usually have my assembly pathfinder display set to show the Filename (default) + "Description" custom property.
Every day I have to re-apply these settings - they are not being maintained.
To be honest we are beginning to wish we had stayed on ST6 as there seem to be several annoying bugs in ST7.
We now have files hanging when opening (even just single, small parts), display problems, stuttering performance, that we didn't get on ST6.
We have not been able to reproduce this today on ST7 MP0, ST7 MP6, or ST8.
If you can log an IR or send me the steps to reproduce it, we will work to get it fixed.
Also if you can report the display, and any other problems, we'd be happy to take a look.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
I set the pathfinder diplay yesterday to show Filename - Description (Title)
All I have today is file names.
I use the 2 properties because some files use one and some the other.
It is not confined to one assembly. The steps to reproduce it are simple for me - I just shut down the workstation and restart it. The same is happening to other users.
My system details are:HPZ420 workstation
Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6GHz
W7 Pro 64 bit
NVidia K4000 Graphics, driver version 311.66
Solid Edge ST7 MP6
other workstations may be different spec.
Seems like you could monitor the registry setting where tha's stored to see when it's getting reset.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107\Global\Replace Filename
Consider disabling all addins as a diagnostic. Even the 3D input device if you use one.
just smal thought: did you or your admin edit Options.xml files for ST7 in any way?
I had faced this issue at one of my customer and it showed that problem lied here.
Yeah, of course.
When we were set up the new Options.xml for customer I did not pay much attention to this.
But after a few days customer started to call me that he has a problem with names in Pathfinder.
So of course we tried to change the Filename formula in SE Options and it was fine until user restarted Solid Edge.
So I dug up deeper and found out that in Options.xml file that we edited using SEAdmin.exe tool we left the "Filename formula" options set to "No" to allow override. And this caused this problem.
Please see the attached picture.
Maybe it will helps you to figure out where the problem is.
I just checked the Options file and the Replace Filename property override is set to Yes.
Our options file is located on a server and all users are set up to use this file - that is the one defined in Options > File Locations.
I always thought that settings are copied from that file into the Options.xml file in the Solid Edge Preferences folder. This would seem to be confirmed because there is a section titled
<GlobalOption Username = [my username] Version = "107">
What seems to be happening is settings are being re-read from the server options file every time I start Solid Edge.
If I try to change File Locations to use the local file I get an error message
I have checked the permissions on the local file and it is the same as it was on ST6 (no problems with maintaining settigs on ST6).
I will try monitoring the Registry setting
Ok so I followed these steps in an assembly model -
Set Document name Formula to [Filename] [Title] [Description]
Checked the Registry and changes are there.
Re-opened file - changes still there
Check helpers - changes still there.
Closed Solid Edge.
Check Registry - changes still there
Restarted Solid Edge.
Check Helpers - changes still there
Re-opened file - changes gone.
Check helpers & registry - changes gone.