Solved! Go to solution

ST7 - Sheet Metal - Etching Patterns

Hi Edgers,

I came across an interesting problem in Solid Edge Sheet Metal......a client wants to have a pattern of laser etching on a stainless disc. I wanted to sketch [can only do this in Ordered mode. as far as I can tell] one profile element, then pattern it to the desired number of instances.....BUT, SE will not allow selection of the patterned sketch elements to be included in the etch command. Surely a pattern of geometry is still regarded as geometry. Clearly NOT, when using "Etch". Robot Sad

I can [& did] of course just make a rotated, with copy enabled, array of these in the sketch,...but is not very intuative, nor will it be dynamically adjustable.

Am I missing something?....is there a way to do this in Synchronous, that works how I want it to?? [see example attached]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SeanCresswell
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: ST7 - Sheet Metal - Etching Patterns

Hi my Friend,

I can confrim this issue.

In this case I do a new sketch what contains inculded geometries. Yes, this is just a cheating!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Thanks for looking at this Imi,.....I'll file a ER on this issue.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Hi edgers,

Have logged an enhancement request for this with my VAR, tack on if you also feel SE should have this ability added....."IR 7245943 - Can''t select a pattern in the etch command"

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Hi Edgers,

Good news....this has now been escalated to an Enhancement Request for the development team.

"ER# 7245943"

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10