Solved! Go to solution

ST7 Themes... where are they located?

So where do I find the Themes folder. I want to bring my custom theme into my Surface Pro 3, bust have wasted too much time looking for all the pertinent files, folder.

Anyone know where I can find the files like Themes, Materials, Holes, etc. And why doesn't Solid Edge have a SIMPLE Import/Export command for this type of stuff?

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author BobMileti
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: ST7 Themes... where are they located?

Bob,

By default, Themes are found here:  C:\Users\grayson\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107\Customization (minus the "grayson", of course)

Materias, Holes, and other preferences are here:  C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Preferences

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Thanks Kevin,

Funny I looked in AppData\Siemens PLM and saw nothing and just moved on. I keep forgetting that "Unigraphics" is still being used. Anyway when can we get a Import/Export program added to the Theme Menu?

Bob

Good question.... but you might want to be more specific on what you want it to do.  The Themes automatically carry over when you install new versions so when updating software on the same machine, it shouldn't be an issue.  Going from machine to machine is just a matter of knowing where they are located and copy/paste.  Not saying it can't be more automated or easier to find; just curious what your speecific thoughts are.

KG

Kevin Grayson

Kevin,

I've been using my Surface Pro 3 on the road and at home for the past month or so, and would love to "Synch" the GUI and all the templates, etc. from my workstation.

This is my need: I've designed a new machine on my workstation and I want to go out to the customer or Machine Shop with my Surface Pro. But I want to have all the "new" or added Material(s), Face Styles, logo/graphics, Draft Templates, etc. to be imported from my workstation so that I don't stumble looking for customized menus, or having blank colors that are suppose to be representing the customers project.

So an Export command that would collect this stuff into a file that could be imported into another machine would be a great time saver.

Bob

By the way I'm having a blast using the SP3 for Solid Edge... I wish I had a 30" touchscreen on my workstation! 

Bob,

Good thoughts.  If you haven't already, I would document what you just said into an ER and encourage everybody to hop on board.

I have also played with Solid Edge on the Surface Pro 3 (we brought them to the IMTS show in Chicago a few weeks ago) and yes, the touchscreen functions are pretty sweet.

Kevin

Kevin Grayson