ST7 - Varying Ribbon Button Sizes

Creator
Creator

Good evening,

I recently downloaded 2D ST7 - the download was slow 11/2 hours but everything works fine.  I have Windows 8.1 and a 24" monitor. The font size in the drop down menus and dialogue boxes is too tiny to read, the ribbon buttons are very small.  On the other hand the Help File and its Contents display perfectly.

Is there a way, within the ST7 software, to increase font and button sizes?

With best regards,

Roger H 

7 REPLIES

Re: ST7 - Varying Ribbon Button Sizes

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

On the Helpers tab of the Solid Edge Options, look for the option "Increase buttons on the Command Ribbon 2X".

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Creator
Creator

Ken,

First rate!  And so simple - I previously checked Helpers but missed the instruction.

Sincere thanks,

Roger H

Phenom
Phenom

Alternatively it is also possible to enlarge specific buttons or just the frequently used buttons on the ribbon, Here are the steps to follow:

1. Right-Click on any button on the the ribbon, large or small.

2. Select Customize the Ribbon from the context menu that appears.

3. In the Customize dialog, expand tree on the right side to locate the desired command.

4. Right click on the command in the tree and select 'Large Button'.

5. Click Close and choose Save in the message that follows.

This way you can have just the required buttons appear larger.

Untitled.png

Hope you find this useful too.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Creator
Creator

Tushar,

Sincere thanks - what a splendid guide!  I saved you explanitory notes with other Solidedge guidance notes.  It would also be handy if the radial menu could be a little larger but there does not seem to be a way.

With best regards,

Roger H

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Roger, your words of appreciation help me keep going.

Regarding the radial menu enlargement, I would suggest to practice and master the gesture directions for your favourite commands and not really try to 'look at' the radial menu or its size.

Once you get a hang of the 'directions to swipe' the mouse for a particular command, size of the radial menu will be of little concern - in fact smaller would be better.

In the Draft environment, try swiping in the N-E direction for Zoom Fit and you will find the command is issued even without the radial menu getting a chance to appear fully.

I look at it in this way. Give it a try.

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Creator
Creator

Dear Tushar,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I am still getting used to the Forum!  I have the (splendid)  free 2D version so am not sure if gesture commands are available.  My initial attempt bore no fruit but I will keep trying!

Once again sincere thanks for your interest and guidance, the software is very comprehensive and tips such as yours are a great way to uncover its many hidden surprises.

Sincere thanks,

Roger H

Creator
Creator

Tushar,

After playing around I found 'Gestures' do exist on free 2D! (see Solid Options/helpers).  To get the function needed, hold down the right mouse button and sweep the cursor in the direction that the command appears on the radial menu.  It will take practice to perfect but will be faster.  A very useful tip - many thanks.

Roger H