ST7 broken after windows 10 update.

Is there a plan to release a patch or something ? I updated to windows 10 using the official update process and my solid edge has been broken for 5 days now. Nothing in the forums so I tought I would ask. 

Here is my crashlog, : http://cl.ly/c8jG  It reports as Windows 8 professional, so it's clear something is messed up.  I tried running in compatibility mode as windows 8 but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

28 REPLIES

Re: ST7 broken after windows 10 update.

Hi,

Which Maintenance Pack do you use? You must install MP4 or newer and it should work well!

BR,  

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Any suggestion on where to get it from?

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST7/Maintenance_Packs/

asks for my webkey but won't work either, it just keeps asking for my webkey...

Hi there,

You must be on active maintenance in order to access the download server.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I have a student license. Does that mean as a student I don't get maintenance packs? Nothing I can do ? Not sure what you mean by "be on active maintenance" Thanks for the fast response

cpendas wrote:
I have a student license. Does that mean as a student I don't get maintenance packs? Nothing I can do ? Not sure what you mean by "be on active maintenance" Thanks for the fast response

No sorry, nothing you can do about accessing these.

Maintenance packs are developed for the current & previous release of Solid Edge, in conjunction with customer crash logs, repeatable work flow problems submitted & general enhancements suggested...."on active maintenance" refers to the annual fee paid by commercial users.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Does that mean that, as a student I loose support for the product once I update to the latest operating system? It seems like a fairly basic thing to support for.

[ Edited ]

cpendas wrote:
Does that mean that, as a student I loose support for the product once I update to the latest operating system? It seems like a fairly basic thing to support for.

Officially there is no ongoing software support per se, for Student Edition, as it is fully tested package by the time of release, following the initial commercial version....having said that, the support offer by those that frequent this community is a tremendous value in itself.

As to the latest operating system, this is a conundrum, as it was released "after" the latest version of Solid Edge [being ST8], so for commercial customers there will be a maintenance pack to assist them.

For academic & free versions, [I can't speak to exactly what Siemens plans are here] but users that upgrade to Win10 will likely have to wait until the next version release, for any compatibility issues to be corrected, that may arise.

Just my $0.02 worth...  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

That seems like a very sad scenario and one that will en up alienating a lot of people. There are many good reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 and not supporting students for a year (until ST9) seems like a good way to loose a lot of future customers.

I guess I will look into other software options until ST9 is released.

Thanks,

Hi,

"I guess I will look into other software options until ST9 is released."

Ohhh, no all SE users (students, beginners, advanced, ...) are important for us! Look at your private message box!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/