Creator
Creator

Those are great news. 

Thanks a lot for the support. 

Re: ST7 broken after windows 10 update.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@cpendas

Did we manage to solve your issue? I think yes! You can use ST7 on Win10! Smiley Wink This is the power of the Solid Edge community!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Creator
Creator
I solved the issue Smiley Happy Thanks a lot Imics!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@cpendas ST8 Student Edition should be available for download by 4:00 p.m. Central Standard time today - within the hour.

Enjoy!

Laura

Creator
Creator

Laura, any idea why ST9 Studen is running so slowly after I upgraded to a GTX1080 ? Hardware incompatible ? if so, I guess I'm out of luck since we don't get MPs right ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@cpendas,

See my reply to your other thread, here......

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/siemensplm/board/message?board.id=solid-edge-forum&messa... 

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The GTX1080 is not supported by either the video card manufacturer or Siemens for professional CAD graphics. No future Maintenance pack from Siemens is therefore likely to address this issue.

The GTX1080 card and similar are designed for the gaming market which has very different technical requirements to that of the professional CAD market.

Because of this any CAD user who chooses to use one of these cards is pretty much on their own. That is neither the card vendor/manufacturer or the CAD vendor can offer support.

So what to do?

Try a different graphics driver - this may not necessarily be a newer driver. You will have to experiment here.

The other area to try is the Solid Edge Options > View window. Look for Application display in the upper right hand corner. The default may be Automatic Selection and Graphics card driven (advanced). If this is the case uncheck Automatic selection and select Graphics card driven. There are several other options to try. Note that to see these options you need to have a part file open in Solid Edge.

If you have a rexcent i7 or even i5 CPU using their inbuilt graphics can be far superior to the GTX or gaming type of graphics card. I am using an i7 CPU in a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and I find the graphics performance superior to the mid range professional graphics cards of only 2 or 3 years ago - I have not yet loaded any Maintenance Packs on to the first release of ST 9.

Cheers

Mark Fort

Creator
Creator

I'm using an i7 3930k. 

This is a terrible excuse for the abismal performance. Im using several other CAD packages, all of them working flawlessly on the same hardware. 

Solid Edge is the only one that behaves like this. 

Creator
Creator

Changed to Graphics card driven and it's working great now. 

Thanks for poiting me in the right direction.