ST7 flipping sketch dims

I am running ST7, with latest MP8 updates on Windows 8.1 pro.  Fresh installation, graphics card Driver latest version.

I am finding that when i dimension a sketch line (say from a protrusion) with in a part to a peer edge with in the assembly, or to an assembly sketch, sometimes when i update or upon reopen of the assembly some of these dims have flipped to the opposite side of the peer edge or assembly sketch line that they were connected to. We are experiencing this issue across 7 different machines all of vary specs. and in different locations.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Any recomendations on how to fix? 

Regards

Wayne

20 REPLIES

Re: ST7 flipping sketch dims

This happens to me frequently. I wish I knew what caused it. This frequently screws up everything downstream removing relations and sometimes entire parts.

The only thing that I have found that helps is to start the dimension very small or very large relative to whatever the possible dimension could be. so when it changes, its starting reference is within the range it's designed for. I think this happens if you added say a dimension of 3, then changed it to 2.75. If it thought the dimension would only increase, then it flips. But this is just a guess, as I still have the same problem myself.

Have you reported this to Siemens?  We have reported this to Prion Cutting edge (uk support) but they are telling us no one else has reported this issue which i find incredible! I would have expected, with such a major issue them to be inendated and it to be all ver the web forums...but nothing! 

Has anyone else experienced sam issue?

Yes... Smiley Sad

PR7475687

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

what have Siemens said?  I am waiting on them to come back to me.

@Waynepoulton Do you also have a PR/IR number?

@Imics Development has investigated and reproduced your PR 7475687.  I escalated it further this morning. Stay tuned.

Laura

Laura,

We currently have been dealing with Prion Cutting Edge (uk) and have a call ID:34720.  I am told by cutting edge that this is a PR with Siemens. Forgive me but what is a PR and IR number? and i will try to find it out.  We have a sister company whom also have the same issue on all 5 of their machines!  we are having this issue all of ours.  I will try to get their PR no. off them also.

Kind regards

wayne

I have tried to minimize the amount of ER's and PR's I submit because I already have about 20 of them. This has not been a show stopper for me so I did not submit. I'm concerned with better sheet metal corners and variable flow for work-a-rounds and smart part numbering.

I suspect your issue is not quite the same as ours then because it is definately major frustration for us, frequently not updating correctly due to these dims. flipping. We are having to not save when it flips a dimension, re open the assembly & then re do the same change. It is an inermitant issue but is occuring frequently.

Laura,

Thanks as always! 😉

BR,
Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/