ST7: "Save As Translated" JT file has no colour

Good day everyone,

Very often we have to create JT files for reviewing by none CAD users. Since ST7 these JT files have no colour when you open it with a program like JT2Go for example. Please see the screenshot below. Can any of the ST7 users please confirm if they experience the same behaviour?

Capture_JT NO COLOUR.JPG

Kind regards,

Theodore

7 REPLIES

Re: ST7: "Save As Translated" JT file has no colour

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I just tested this with a multi-color assembly and viewed the JT file in SE Viewer and it matched what was in SE...  Perhaps it's a setting in the viewing app?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the reply. Just to make 100% sure, you did test this with ST7? We use Solid Edge for SharePoint (SESP) and for each part and sheet metal file SESP automatically creates a JT file. What really puzzles me is that these JT files display correctly in JT2Go. It is only when we use “Save As Translated” when we see this problem. Unfortunately SESP don’t automatically create JT’s for assembly files.

Regards,

Theodore

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I used ST7 and Save As Translated and I had the exact same colors show in the JT as in SE.

jt colors.png

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Theodore,

I've tested with ST7 and JT2GO 10.1.2 (latest version available) and everything works fine.

I've done different tests setting parts color to "Use Part Style" or overriding color by selecting something else and each time, all colors are OK.

Regards,

Michel

Highlighted

Hello Ken and Michel,

Thank you for your replies. I have installed MP1 this weekend and the problem still persists unfortunately. I will try to do a clean ST7 installation without the Solid Edge for SharePoint installation and to some further testing…

Kind regards,

Theodore

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I might add that I also have the SE4SP client installed and it was working correctly.

Thanks,
Ken

Hello Ken,

Thank you for saving me the trouble of that exercise.

Regards,

Theodore