[ST7] wrong material

[ Edited ]

I am changing parts and assemblys from previous ST versions.

The parts had the material "steel".

Now, for an unknown reason, they are changed to an other material. I made this material in the new material table, but never changed the material of the parts.

This is the material from a steel tube, automaticly changed to "VCR 50 med" = foam...

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user
4 REPLIES

Re: [ST7] wrong material

Technical support issues like this are still better handled by your normal support channel. The community/forum can't really do anything directly about bug reports. The forum is more for peer to peer communications.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

MLombard This is exactly what the forum is for. Asking techinical questions that only true users will know the answers too. The typical support people don't know the answers to questions like this. The people who really know are either divelopers and people who have to establish and manage a real life CAD department (be it 1 or 100 people)...like most of the top posters on this forum.

My guess as to your general problem is that you need to assign a specific existing selection to your material type. 

12GAGE wrote:

MLombard This is exactly what the forum is for. Asking techinical questions that only true users will know the answers too. The typical support people don't know the answers to questions like this. The people who really know are either divelopers and people who have to establish and manage a real life CAD department (be it 1 or 100 people)...like most of the top posters on this forum.

My guess as to your general problem is that you need to assign a specific existing selection to your material type. 

@12GAGE & @MLombard,

I think you're both right......this is not the place for the cure, but it is the place to make awareness to a potential code level issue, for the material library assignments, to other users.

Hopefully @Joris can provide a copy of that original [pre-ST7] file, for the SE-Dev team can break it down to a fix. However that plays out.

Keep us posted on your findings please.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I will bett on both ways. Man Tongue

In attachment a counterweight is pre-ST7. A counterweight is her always in steel, not in foam...

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user