ST8 Auto Hide Side Panel

OK, I give up.. I've been trying to figure out how to edit this side panel and this is my last resort.  The panel that has the you tube and facebook interaction buttons, which also holds the parts library panel in assemblies.. how do you edit it to choose where it's located and what's in it?  I have frozen solid edge 4 times now by accident hovering over the facebook and you tube buttons and I would like them out, as well as moving the panel to the left side.  

32 REPLIES

Re: ST8 Auto Hide Side Panel

If you close each app the menu goes away.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

is there another way to close the apps?  evern hovering over the facebook one cause the freeze.  

If you want them back go here:

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

Airscape wrote:

is there another way to close the apps?  evern hovering over the facebook one cause the freeze.  

That's a reportable problem. What MP are you on?

Other than that a close and restart of SE or a reboot and restart SE might solve that.

Bruce Shand

Hi there,

As @bshand shows....you can turn on/off the panes as required, from the View tab > Show - Panes at any time. It's looking for internet access for those streaming feeds to load, so that may be related to the issue you're seeing. Especially if you're on Windows 10, I definitely recommend installing MP3.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

yah I haven't actually installed any of the MPs yet, just got this installed on a new machine.  I'll try that.

Sean, I don't think you can turn them off from that show panes tool.

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

bshand wrote:

Sean, I don't think you can turn them off from that show panes tool.

Woops...you are quite right Bruce....in fact, you have to "Close" the individual pane[s] via the "X"....it will expand them, and will restore them if off, as desired, from that list.

I think understand the issue now.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Yah, and every time i touch the facebook tab, it completely freezes.  I installed MP3 and there really isn't any change.  Im running windows 7 anyways, I'm not sure if the SE MP3 contains MP1 and MP2, but the new issues seem to deal mostly with win10 problems.