ST8 - Drraft - Dimension elips

Phenom
Phenom

I can't remember I had problems with this in draft prior to ST8.

I can't place this dimension:

ellips.png

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user
6 REPLIES

Re: ST8 - Drraft - Dimension elips

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

HI joris,

Not seeing this here....placed a between dimension, by two points, and it edits as expected.

ST8_DFT_Sketch_Ellipse.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: ST8 - Draft - Dimension elips

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks for trying, but here the problem persists.

The things I tried: http://screencast.com/t/83m9g1FqQQhd

...........................................................................................................

Re: ST8 - Draft - Dimension elips

Hi Joris,

I can duplicate your problem in the draft file (and in the part file if I create a sketch and try to add dimension to the ellipse).

It seems that the Chamfer change something on outer edge of the ellipse disabling the silhouhette edge selection to add dimension in the draft.

I can say this because if you place a back view of your part, you will be able to add the dimension you need.

Refer to attached draft file.

A workaround would be to go in draw in view and add a point, horizontally alligned with the hole, on the ellipse.

Maybe you should report this issue (chamfer changing topology ...)

Regards,

Michel Corriveau

Logiag

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Aha....didn't realize it was a chamfered edge of a 3D model.

As @Michel_Corriv points out, this seems related to the resulting geometry from the chamfer not being recognised for dimensioning....a bug to be reported for sure.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I am able to replicate this as well.  I am using ST6 MP14.  There is definitely something going on with the chamfer command.  Interestingly the round command does not cause a problem with this.  I shagged around with VHL and tangent tolerance to no avail.  There is a kludgy workaround though.  If you create the chamfer using a swept cutout then the dimension places with no problem.  A bit of a pain I know but hopefully Mr Staples & Co. will be all over it.

Phenom
Phenom

IR: 7428265