Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST8 MP03 seems slow.

Did you also update your system @RyanM? Otherwise it would be very strange that with each new version of SE it becomes slower and slower without even notice it. That is regression right?

If you save on your SSD card @bourgason it should go faster than saving on your network.

-------
Daniël Schuiling

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Once we upgraded to mp3, now all of a sudden it will no longer allow us to create a tab feature in a flat pattern if it is a rolled part or a lofted flange part. It returns an error when finishing the tab feature. Funny thing is, it wasn't immediately after installing, after about a week both of our computers quit letting us do that.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

I just checked when MP3 is enrolled, it was 16 November 2015.
When can I download the new MP?
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Highlighted

Creator
Creator

Just thought I would check the newsgroup on this issue and I guess we're not the only ones.  Not sure if it happened at ST8 MP3 or was there at MP2, but SE is extremely slow, especially with large assemblies (300-500 parts).  Our network could have something to do with it but we have noticed things getting worse.

It could take us 5 minutes to open an assembly, then another 5 minutes to open the property manager to check everything.  Usually you see the file names fly by at the bottom, now there's plenty of time to read each one of them.  Close property manager, then open it again...another 5 minutes.  This is gettting extremely frustrating...going for a lot of coffee breaks...might as well.  We've had a lot of crashes, files locking up.

Not sure what to think about this.  We are having our IT department check our network to see if anything changed but we used to be super fast accessing and saving files...not any more.

Mark Forest

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

This could be th reason that MP4 has taken longer to receive (of course with the holidays you also typically lose a couple weeks as well...).

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

ST7 had problems with network located options files causing locking up on opening assemblies.

Is there any relevance to ST8 in this ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Valid point, but I think it is something different.

Just now I watched 10 minutes long how SE was calculating to draw a square cutout on a shaft.

-------
Daniël Schuiling

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@forestm when the file has finished opening, run sesysinfo.exe and check the report for any missing image files.  If there are any missing image files, fix these.  Trying to resolve missing image can greatly impact file open times.

For one of my customer's, resolving missing image files improved file open times on large assemblies by 25%.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

this is a real good hint.

But supposing there are missing images (unused references).

How can man find out where they are used (or not used) and where they are deefined?

e.g. the end of the sysinfo looks lie this:

mage Search Path:
C:\Users\wolha\Downloads\
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Images
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Images\Textures\Other
Missing:
Unused Reference:
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\Textures\Other\brush_steel_00.jpg
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\textures\other\cast_copper_00.jpg
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\textures\other\cast_steel_00.jpg
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\textures\other\CHROME_1.JPG
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\Textures\Other\GOLDEN_1.JPG
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\textures\other\threads.jpg
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Images\Textures\Other\weldbeads.jpg
Exact Match:
Mapped:

And we are using ST8 not ST7

This mean that there are entries in the templates (a new part was opend) which point to ST7 and not to ST8.

So every new part (asm, psm) will create missing links a so is slowiond down the appliaction?

Isn't it?

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad 

FYI, unused references are*not* missing files.

Note there is a section called "Missing:" and there are no files listed under it. Therefore you do not have any missing image files for the particular file you opened.

"Unused Reference:" is a different section [note the colon placement indicating new "section"]