ST8 MP03 seems slow.

[ Edited ]

I have a colleague who updated ST8 to MP03.  He went straight from the OOTB installation to MP03 skipping the first 2 MP's.

He has found some serious speed degradation with MP03 compared to the OOtb installation.  Prior to applying MP03 Solid Edge (OOTB) was fast and responsive, and a pleasure to use.  After applying MP03 Solid Edge has become extremely laggy.  It hangs with just about every command.  It is not so noticeable with single parts or small assemblies, but gets worse with larger assemblies with interpart copies, etc.  I have found the same thing on my machine as well.

Can anybody confirm if ST8 MP03 is a lot slower than the OOTB installation?

Cheers,

Chris

33 REPLIES

Re: ST8 MP03 seems slow.

[ Edited ]

Hi @chrisstandring,

Not seeing anything notable here........although, having said that, I myself am considerably slower than I was OOTB also!  Robot Embarassed

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi Chris:

I also took the same path from ST8 to directly installing MP3 but find no problems.

The computer however has no other worthy software installed besides MS Office and 7Zip, though I am not sure if that is the reason for sailing smooth.

The OS is Windows 7

~Tushar

We have the same problem, but is was also with MP2.

For some reason ST8 is very slow with everything

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

In assembly when I double click a relation to edit it there is a lag, the edit bar it take a "long" time to appear compared to ST7.

That makes me feel that ST8 is slower.

I didn't notice a difference between one of the MP's.

Only a bit slower in ST8 compared to ST7.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

Than I forgot how fast ST8 with no MP and with MP1 was.

ST7 was really fast compared with ST8 (at this moment).

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

No lags noticed here.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

We just upgraded from ST6 MP9 to ST8 MP3 and there is a very noticeable delay with the PMI Dimensioning and Model Views. It seems to take a long time to process/refresh when dimension modification are done on flat patterns in sheet metal. Used to be under a second, now its taking long enough the cursor wait icon appears(2 seconds). Looks like i may be downgrading to the ST8 base release.

We do a lot of automation and the overall software is slower then ST6. Previously the system would refresh very quickly, to the point that it could cause seizures. Now the system doesn't even look like there are refreshes happening. Hopefully this can get fixed.

I've noticed a lag in the save time. I have some very simple parts that are taking 20-30 seconds to save. This could be my SSD card but I don't see this type of speed when saving other files (larger files) to the same card.