ST8 MP5 Drafting -> Drawing View Wizard does not bring the assembly view configurations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi to everyone, this is my first post. I am a SolidEdge user since version ST4.

I am currently using SolidEdge ST8 MP5 and also using add on Smap3D piping module.

I have the following problem:

When working on an assembly model, i usually create named display configurations in order

to show only the requested parts and subassemblies per case.

When using draft, during the import of the new assembly, in the Drawing View Creation

Wizards options, i can't select the saved display configurations from the Assembly....Smiley Sad

Drawing View Creation WizardDrawing View Creation Wizard

Can anyone explain this? Do i need to make any additional settings?

Please give me a hand on this...

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES

Re: ST8 MP5 Drafting -> Drawing View Wizard does not bring the assembly view configurations

Phenom
Phenom

Hi:

A basic check would be to see if the associated .CFG file is missing.

The location would be the same as that of the .ASM file.

Also, are the configurations created in one of the sub-assemblies ?

~Tushar

Re: ST8 MP5 Drafting -> Drawing View Wizard does not bring the assembly view configurations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there, thanks for the quick feedback.

1) The .cfg file exists in the same directory with the .asm file and the have the same name

Also when i open the configuration manager in the assembly i can see the display configurations

saved. The different configurations are saved in the same file, please see below:

Untitled.png

2) The configurations are created in the 'master' assembly. But this assembly contains

also other subassemblies.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Panos_Mout,

Not seeing this issue here.......could there be any file, folder, or drive permission issues occuring?

2016-05-09.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Also check if the issue is solved using the latest MP #7 for ST8 which you can download from here:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST8/Maintenance_Packs/

~Tushar

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

are your files (assembly file) stored in folder named with any non-common characters, for example !;+@#$%^&()=,'}{[] ?

This is known bug, if you have assembly file named with those characters or those characters are used in folders where files are stored.

Ota

Phenom
Phenom

Very interesting. I am able to verify this.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Solution found after some tests...

The folder path in the Server, in which the file was saved, was probably longer than

a maximum limit...(i don't know the exact limt yet)

I moved the *.asm file inside a short path in the Server and everyhting works ok...

But in any case i was able to open and work with these files without any problem...

Thanks for the support anyway, this was brain storming...Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe Windows supports a maximum path\filename of 256 characters long.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1