Solved! Go to solution

ST8 REVISION MANAGER - ADDING REVISION NUMBER

I'm copying a psm and draft, and when changing number from 01 to 02, it is kind enough to make my revision 02 without even asking.

Why?

Capture.JPG

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
6 REPLIES

Re: ST8 REVISION MANAGER - ADDING REVISION NUMBER

And you're not using Insight?

I see three places where there's an 02. Which one did you change and which changed automagically?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I copied my draft and psm, from -01 to -02, not using Insight, and SE was kind enough to go ahead and claim my new draft and psm are now revisions -02. The original 01's had no revision before being copied.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author BoatTech
‎04-11-2016 09:04 AM

[ Edited ]

I'm going to assume it's because you named the files with the suffix -02, which fits Edge's default naming convention for revisions. I think you can use - or _ as revision delimiters.

The help isn't informative on the limits of what can constitute a delimiter. Surprise!

revisionsettings.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Well, isn't that CUTE! Okay, changed the options, problem solved. Thanks for the help!
ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Is there a way to stop Solid Edge from automatically filling in that Revision column? When I use revision manager to copy a .psm and .dft it fills in the revision column automatically(in this case "G3393PA") based on the new file name and I have to delete it EVERY time which is annoying.  Never happened when i used ST6

SE.pngSE2.png

Wow of course I figured it out 2 minutes after making a post on here

I set the "Revision Delimiter" value to a period "." instead of a dash "-"