ST8 Released on June 5th

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Just in case you were wondering when it would happen, ST8 was released Friday. English version should be available for download now and license files have been mailing out already. Other languages to follow later in the month or beginning of next month I would presume.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1
10 REPLIES

Re: ST8 Released on June 5th

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yup....just downloaded ST8, and waiting for the license server to list ST8 also.

Capture1.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

ST 8 Looking good!

ST 8.jpg

Cheers

Mark

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

The read me file download is dated June 9th, 2014?

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Because not everybody is aware about the content of the Readme.txt.

Here are some important notes in my opinion

• Solid Edge ST9 will be the last Solid Edge release to support Windows 7.
  • We will test ST8 on Windows 10 and plan to announce support of Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 in an ST8 Maintenance Pack after testing is completed and any critical issues are resolved.
  • We plan to announce support of Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 in ST9
  • Solid Edge will not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge (codenamed Spartan).
  • Some Solid Edge commands require Microsoft Excel. On ST8, we recommend Microsoft Office Professional 2010 or 2013.
  • Beginning with Solid Edge ST7, the network location you define to a SharePoint site or document library should be created using a UNC path example: \\server\sites\insight).
  • The Solid Edge ST8 Standard Parts is written to a different folder.
  • ST8 uses Parasolid 28.0

The Avira freeware anti-virus program on Windows platforms occasionally misidentifies some Solid Edge DLLs as contaminated with a virus. If you are using Avira on a Windows machine and encounter this problem, please use the Avira option to exempt the files from scanning by Avira.
Also F-Secure anti-virus scanner products are known to decrease the performance of Solid Edge in some scenarios.

Have fun with ST8

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Legend
Legend

This weekend I recieved the license.dat for a ST8 design and drafting seat..

But not for our floating seats (6x)

The are on different webkeys.. Any idea when this license.dat can be expected...  

or when the V108 is activated on the website and thus downloadable..

Would like to switch over asap, done beta testing and ST8 feels very good

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Some Solid Edge commands require Microsoft Excel. On ST8, we recommend Microsoft Office Professional 2010 or 2013.

This will suck for some of that have home computer with Microsoft Office Professional 2010 or 2013 on it

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jan_Bos, the LicenseManagement site has been updated for ST8 now.  Please give this another try.

Laura

I don't like this line:

The Solid Edge ST8 Standard Parts is written to a different folder.

Standard parts used to be great. Than it was transfered to the SQL server what was a challenge to get it running. With ST7 all the old parts and the database were out of date and some parts could not be used again.

Now it has changed again???

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Phenom
Phenom

DanielMCMLXXXII wrote:

I don't like this line:

Standard parts used to be great. Than it was transfered to the SQL server what was a challenge to get it running. With ST7 all the old parts and the database were out of date and some parts could not be used again.

Now it has changed again???

We bought Systems/Parts years ago from stream design. unfortunately the company doesn't exist anymore. THAT was a library like it should be!!

Just install with a click and work.

I've spend hours to try to install Standard Parts but never completed the install with a fully functional library.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user