Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST8 Student Edition download problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

A couple of month ago I deleted the mentioned program and now I need it again. I tried to downloaded it in the same way but when I open the .exe file it sais it's corrupt. 

After that I downloaded ST6, and it went well for a while, but when I wanted to make a new ISO part a Transition log window poped up and it crashed after that.

I really do not know what to do...why none of the programs work?

7 REPLIES

Re: ST8 Student Edition download problem

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Kermart_95

The "corrupt file" problem happens when your download fails to complete fully.  Please try downloading again.  People tend to get better results downloading through a wired connection, so if you were downloading wirelessly on the last attempt, try connecting to  wired internet.

For the ST6 issue - are you running Windows 10?  ST6 won't run on that operating system., as it was released a couple of years before Windows 10.  You'll need ST8 if you're running Windows 10.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for your advise, but it was a wired internet connection and none of my 6 attempts were interrupted during the download. I mean everything was perfect. But still, extraction failed, file is corrupt.

Any more ideas? 

Thanks

Siemens Legend

Hi @Kermart_95

When you registered for the software, you should have gotten a confirmation email from Siemens.  Please forward that confirmation email to me at melanie.baeske@siemens.com, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have sent you the email with this subject: 

Kermart_95 confirmation email when registered for the software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @Melanie_Baeske, Im having this same problem, can you help me out with this please? Thank you!

Siemens Legend

Hi @ploya17

When you registered for the software, you should have gotten a confirmation email from Siemens.  Please forward that confirmation email to me at melanie.baeske@siemens.com, and I'll see what I can do.

Also - ST8 has been replaced with ST9. 

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just sent the email, thanks for the support! @Melanie_Baeske