ST8 Zoom Area. why the change?

I notice in ST8 the Zoom Area has changed. Can anyone tel me 1st, can i change it back some how to the original behavior? or, why did they change this? and how does it definite me?

14 REPLIES

Re: ST8 Zoom Area. why the change?

It's to indicate what will be shown on your screen.

I don't see that becaus I do all my pan/zoom/... with a 3D mouse, but I thinks it is a good evolution.

Have you given it a chance?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

I like it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Right now it sucks big time. Just did a design review, The guys asked if i knew how to zoom. i told the NO!! If you add this, why not all 3 environments? Just another, why in heck did they change that, one to get use to

Hi,

I don't understand, what Your problem is.

The preview of the final region, showing where the result will be IMHO makes it easier to get theer where I want to go.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

We all have our opinions. I don't see the benifite of this change and i know they wouldn't change it back. o well........................... another one down the drain..Smiley Sad

Hi there,

Not sure what the issue is....the core function is exactly the same, but it now displays an additional frame for relative display based on your monitor, the inner "picked" area is your actual zoom target, just like before.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I'm guessing you are right that it will not be changed back since it appears the majority of users likes the change, but I can certainly understand your preference for how it was since we are all creatures of habit and tend to resist change.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

SeanCresswell wrote:

Hi there,

Not sure what the issue is....the core function is exactly the same, but it now displays an additional frame for relative display based on your monitor, the inner "picked" area is your actual zoom target, just like before.

The outer frame is not quite for relative display based on the monitor, but close. The outer frame represents the total graphic area of the window you are zooming in. So if your graphic window is tall and narrow, the outer frame will also be tall and narrow. The inner frame represents the total portion of your window you will see (i.e. the outer frame). If you are running with both the application and graphic window maximized, then yes, it will be close to relative to the monitor.

Greg

OK think i got it. i now have to zoom 2x to get close to what i want, right? The old way i box in a tap for example. it would zoom in nice and close to it. new way i have to zoom twice to get that close. just what i'm seeing right now. also, in the inner box should be bright and the outter dim.

I'm not closed to change, i'm closed to stupid change or change for the sack of change.

In ST8 they added a good change. when out opening a assy and a file missing, you can now replace it right away....good change