Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST8 Zoom Area. why the change?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@TDB wrote:

OK think i got it. i now have to zoom 2x to get close to what i want, right? The old way i box in a tap for example. it would zoom in nice and close to it. new way i have to zoom twice to get that close. just what i'm seeing right now. also, in the inner box should be bright and the outter dim.

I'm not closed to change, i'm closed to stupid change or change for the sack of change.

In ST8 they added a good change. when out opening a assy and a file missing, you can now replace it right away....good change

I guess I don't understand what you are seeing. You do not have to zoom 2x to get close to what you want. The mouse processing has not changed - the two mouse click points still define the area you are going to zoom in on. The additional frame being displayed is just giving an interactive visual indicator of how your zoom area is going to appear with respect to your graphic window area. If you click near the upper left and lower right corners of your window, the two frames will be nearly the same.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I also agree with Greg, if anything, this change should eliminate performing a double Zoom Window to get the "fit" you are trying to achieve since you are now aware of what you are windowing will be fit to the graphics area...

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Hi,

I also do not think, that You now have more efforts to come to same result, 
even less I think, since You will have a wonderful preview of how the result will be.

Imagine, Your screen area (only the graphics part of the Solid Edge screen) has a ratio of 16:10 (so to say we leave it in the same ratio as most monitors are at the moment).

If You now draw a rectangle for area zoom which is in exactly the same ratio, then no difference between inner and outer rectangle will be visible.

Both will be the same.

But normally the input rectangle You are drawing differs from the absolut correct ration the graphics area will have.

So the two different rectangles on scrren shows You first "What You are selecting" and second how this will effect the result afterwards.

If You change the rectangle from width and low to small and high, You can see what then will happen.

The side which is occuping more of Your screen defines the zoom factor

Moving the mouse from left to ride moves the final window without changing the size

I find this preview a very good improvement for faster getting the right area on screen.

But this is my opinion.

regards
Wolfgang

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

ok ok i'm seeing what's going on. The previous version, which we had since the beginning of time, was good, least i thought. I never zoomed twice in the old version. once i boxed it, it went to that spot, nice and close if needed. The current draft environment still has the old version, thank goodness. I can zoom closer to something with one box than i can with new version. anyways, i'll live what they give us.

I think once you get used to it you won't be zooming twice for long. I found it a little add at first too but when I learned to focus on the inside lines it was more "normal". I agree to some extent that it was kind of a random change with dubious benefit.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200