Solved! Go to solution

ST8 insight web interface broken & how do I migrate files from un-managed to managed?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm new relatively new to Solid edge and am only beginning to figure out the issues that plague my work's setup.

1) I've chatted with GTAC a few times regarding the attached image.  When I access my Insight server through a web browser it looks very broken.  GTAC does not know what to do.  Has anyone experienced this?

2) I have unmanged files saved locally on my machine that I would like to transfer to the managed Insight server.  How do I migrate these files and not cause errors?

Thanks,

-Greg

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author gbuc
‎03-15-2017 11:18 AM

Re: ST8 insight web interface broken & how do I migrate files from un-managed to managed?

Dear Greg,

1. I also experienced a phenomenon like yours before. I had less than a Gb on my server hard disk, which may have caused the SharePoint visualization issue. Try this: Check the disk space (mostly C:\ drive) on your server machine, where Insight Server is installed. It is recommended to save up at least 10 Gb of free space for that specific disk.

2. To add unmanaged files to your Insight server doc libs, do the following:

- Open View and Markup

- Choose the Insight tab

- Click on Add to Library

In case you want to upload an assembly with all the related parts, select only the assembly file, or if the assembly has a related draft, then upload only the draft file, the related assembly (and sub-assemblies) and parts will also be uploaded to SharePoint.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Attila

Re: ST8 insight web interface broken & how do I migrate files from un-managed to managed?

Thanks.  I did not realize view and markup held the interface for insight.  That is very useful that the assembly can bring all related files.

And I'll try to look into server disk space, but that seems like a cop out.