Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST9 Assembly Problems

Creator
Creator

Hello all, 

I'm trying to assemble some curved plates in SE. I know that they should fit together as measurements have been taken at every point in the process of making the parts that need to fit together. 

The edges at the front are aligned using FlashFit, which makes them Axially aligned.

I have made sure to unlock the rotation of these alignments. However, when I try to align the edges at the rear, an error window comes up saying that these two relationships conflict, which they shouldn't.

It seems that whenever I try to use these alignments (edges axially aligned) they conflict with every other alignment type used on the part. 

Does anyone have any idea how I can make these types of alignments work properly?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Assembly Problems

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @KestrelGP,

Chances are, if Solid Edge brings up an error like this, then there actually is an error, BUT, it may well be a very small one.

Can you align your pieces in any other way?.....it's a little hard to say, as there are some variables that will affect how some mates work better than others, such as the process they were modelled, and any referencing to other parts, etc....

Can you post the parts & assembly?? ...or some images, as these may shed more light on the issue.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Creator
Creator

chassis top not fitting.JPG

Here's an image of the assembly. The bit that overlaps everything should sit on top, like it does at the front. These parts will be attached together at key points so I'll add said joins and use those to attach it together in the assembly. This was supposed to be a double-check to ensure I've got my measurements right. Either I haven't, or I've not assembled it properly. 

Any ideas before I do some more alterations to fit it in an easier manner. Not all of the parts which are curved like this will be joined in a simpler way so it's be good to know a good solution.

Thanks again

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@KestrelGP I would use a Connect from the points on the side on the right and then connect it to the curve of the top part.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP7, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Creator
Creator

Thanks Grundey.

On this particular part I added tabs to fit it together. The geometries of the curves are slightly different as the top part is extrapolated from a revised 2d design, hence the issues. I completely forgot about this.

I'll try the 'connect' function when I come to do the next job like this one.

Thanks Sean and Grundey for your help, the issue is solved now.