Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST9 Assembly component Occurrence Properties

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I was able to replicate the issue...

If the assembly has not been saved since a component was added to the assembly, the component occurrence properties are blank.  If the assembly is saved after adding the component, then the component occurrence properties will be populated.  Looks like this could be a bug since it can populate them when running occurrence properties from the top level.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

That appears to be the issue. I was opening existing assemblies. If I start a new one in ST9 they do begin to populate.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Did you write up the IR, @KennyG?

No, was going to let @fabricationdesigns submit the IR since they found it.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

I've often seen it mentioned that Siemens folk peruse this forum attentively. So, in that regard, I wonder why IRs aren't generated "internally" based on what is examined here. Unless it isn't true that this forum is really of much interest. Is it fair to demand that paying customers not only take the time away from their official duties to spend the time to discover, troubleshoot, and share here problems that they discover with "your" product but to spend yet more time generating IRs in hopes of fixing "your" product?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshand wrote:

I've often seen it mentioned that Siemens folk peruse this forum attentively. So, in that regard, I wonder why IRs aren't generated "internally" based on what is examined here. Unless it isn't true that this forum is really of much interest. Is it fair to demand that paying customers not only take the time away from their official duties to spend the time to discover, troubleshoot, and share here problems that they discover with "your" product but to spend yet more time generating IRs in hopes of fixing "your" product?

Hi Bruce,

While I don't disagree with you here........AFAIK, these forum's primary focus is to be a USER Community. [peer support]

Instances that are considered to be "reportable" should be refered through a VAR in the first, or if you are fortunate enough, GTAC directly.......once a number has been allocated, then, in the case of an ER [Enhancement Request] anyway, it could be shared here, to gain support, should others share that same need.

Of course.....that path is only available to those customers on active maintenance, or subscription.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@bshand wrote:

Bruce,

Siemens folks do watch this forum. Many times, the problems mentioned here are not reproducible in general and depend on the user's data set. Take this case for example - I (and others) have tried to reproduce the issue here and cannot, even when following the steps that Ken posted. There are many other reasons to go through GTAC as well. The people that watch this forum are not necessarily the ones who deal with incoming IRs every day, so they may be unaware if other customers have reported similar issues like GTAC is. I will also say that problems definitely have been logged and fixed based on Siemens staff seeing issues on here and we are able to reproduce them.

Greg

Good points @SeanCresswell and @GregLuckett. It just seems like there's a lot of work that goes into this forum on specific issues that are reproducable and widely understood that it seems a shame some user who has been banging his head against the wall then has to compose and explain it all over again to someone unfamiliar. I'd be tempted to just open an IR and post a link to the forum for explanation. I did that once actually. It wasn't received well as I recall.

@SeanCresswell you said "...once a number has been allocated, then, in the case of an ER [Enhancement Request], it could be shared here, to gain support, should others share that need."

How does that work exactly? Others can't look at IRs/PRs not generated by their organization.

Bruce Shand

@bshand wrote:

@SeanCresswell you said "...once a number has been allocated, then, in the case of an ER [Enhancement Request], it could be shared here, to gain support, should others share that need."

How does that work exactly? Others can't look at IRs/PRs not generated by their organization.

That is probably true in the case of IR's/PR's, as they are "normally" submitted with supporting information that is repeatable by GTAC staff to respond to.......but, all lodgings with GTAC are allocated a number that is communicated back to the original caller, sharing that "ER" number [may need to provide a little context also, when conveying this through a VAR], to the user community for example, means that others may consider appending their organisation against that entry, therby elevating it's visible desire for action, by those that care for them.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

@SeanCresswell, Sorry if I'm obtuse, but by "appending their organization" do you mean to simply reference the IR number somewhere in their IR?

Edit: Sorry, you said "ER", can an ER be appended?

Bruce Shand