ST9 Classic and KeyShot

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Isn't Keyshot supposed to come standard with Keyshot on ST9 Classic?  When I click on KeyShot Render a dialog pops up that says: KeyShot is not detected on this computer.  Would you like to save the file instead?

12 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Classic and KeyShot

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MikeSaari,

Sure is.

We have 2 seats of Classic, and Keyshot installs & functions as expected......maybe retry the installation. Is it from a download, or the DVD? [not that it should be any different]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did a silent install (on 34 computers).  I wonder if that's the problem?  Think I need to do a Full uninstall and re-install?

Legend
Legend

I believe you can just install keyshot alone, I had that issue a while back, I can't remember details exactly but I don't believe you need to reinstall SE. (but I could be wrong)

-Craig

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I tried a "repair" with no luck.  I'm not seeing anything on the CD for KeyShot so it might be looking like an uninstall and install.  I'll hold back awhile just in case someone has a "better" answer Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@MikeSaari Did you use the MSI to do the silent install?  If so, it does not install anything extra.  You should use the Setup.exe which installs everything needed.

UPDATE:  In the README shipped with the SE source files you will find at the very bottom of the "Installing Solid Edge" section an example of a silent install string for setup.exe using the same options as the example using the MSI.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did use the MSIEXEC installer, how would I have known that I should use the setup.exe instead?  Is it in the readme file?  There seems to be very little help out there for the silent installs.  For a silent install would I just replace the msiexec with setup.exe?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks! Wish I would have known that a week ago!

setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /v"MYTEMPLATE=1" /v"USERFILESPEC=\" C:\temp\My Docs\SEAdmin\selicense.dat\" INSTALLDIR=\"C:\Program Files\SilentSolidEdge\\"" /v"/l*v C:\temp\mysilentsetup.log"

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@MikeSaari I updated my original reply, but it's in the README at the bottom of the installing SE section.

You wouldn't have known without a software deployment background.  The Setup.exe file is a Windows installer package that typically is used to call multiple pieces of a full application.  Think of it as a script that calls the differnent pieces of the install, where the MSI is typically a single piece of an application install and does not call other pieces.  Solid Edge support should probably disclaimer the MSI install or remove the info about it completely.

Thanks,
Ken

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@MikeSaari You don't have to use all of that either.

We basically do this: setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /v"MYTEMPLATE=4"

But we have a script that copies the correct license file over to the client after the SE install finishes.

Thanks,
Ken