ST9 Detail View Boundary Bug?

Is anyone else having problems with detail view boundaries not updating properly in ST9? See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkD5RfuxozI

detail_view_boundary.PNG

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
14 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Detail View Boundary Bug?

[ Edited ]

Hi David:

I am not able to recreate your issue.

Detail view boundaries are updating properly in ST 9.

Can you share the Part and the Draft.

~Tushar

[ Edited ]

If I connect the center of the detail view circle to the end point of the part edge, I am able to see the detail view update problem:

(Click to enlarge image)

2016_Aug_01.png

Hi David,

on my ST9 Detail View boundary updates correcty, even if I connect centerpoint to edge.

Ota

Hi,

I also have problems with detail View in ST9

Within my drafting template the scale of detail view is turned on at creation and this worked fine till ST8

Now with ST9 there is the scale seen once but after moving, clicking or update the draft or view the scale text is away

I think this is a detail view problem too, and may be it has the same origin

regards
Wolfgang

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like there is some weirdness since some or seeing it and others not. I have forwarded to GTAC.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

As a follow-on, as Tushar mentions, I did snap the center of the detail view boundary to a line endpoint.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Might be helpful to know what OS people are using that see this problem - is it confined to W10 or W7 ?

We are still on ST7 (and W7) and there is a bug that causes detail views to disappear when made independant views and the originating view has been rotated.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

@beachcomber

Not seeing it here. The views neatly update with a rotation indicator on both parent and the independent detail views.

2016_Aug_02_02.png

[ Edited ]

beachcomber wrote:

bug that causes detail views to disappear when made independant views and the originating view has been rotated.

Not sure if it is a bug but I am able to create a scenario where the detail view is made independent and the parent view rotated such that the detail view circle, if parent was in an un-rotated state, has nothing to display in the detail view, causing it to dis-appear:

2016_Aug_02_03.png