Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST9 Dialog windows slow down

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@RDH  Any updates about the MS patch for the FCU GDI defect?  It is the 30th.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

With no explanation Microsoft says this has now been pushed back to Feb. 1.

I can say without a doubt that I am completely unsure if MS will release the fix then or not.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Please notice in Fred White's ST9 MP13 announcement today, RD has provided an improvement from our side to help avoid the slow ST9 dialog loads. I would be interested in hearing how well this improvement works for you.

• PR 9018172: Menu / Icon load slow after installation of Windows 10 Fall Creator Update

Solid Edge ST10 MP4 will include this improvement, as well as an improvement while using a stylus, which was also introduced by the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update.

• PR 9018172: Menu / Icon load slow after installation of Windows 10 Fall Creator Update
  • PR 9058022 - No longer able to use stylus in modeling environment after updating Windows to 1709

Enjoy,

Laura

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Laura,

what is the planned release date of ST10 MP4? There is somewhere a site where I can check SE MP's shedule?

Thanks!

SE2019 MP3

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@CsokaZ

The target availability date for Solid Edge ST10 MP4 is scheduled for the week of February 5. 

As always, we will post it when it meets our internal release criteria. :-)

Our MP schedule is driven by the availability of critical customer problem resolutions.  For the latest release (ST10), we target a new MP about every 6 weeks.

Laura

Creator
Creator

It is appreciated Laura.  I would say, for those of us with the issue, it is pretty critical.  It's cost a bunch of time regardless of how we've worked around it for now.  In any case - Thank you for the info !  Patiently waiting to hear how this works for those on ST9 and for the ST10 MP4...

Highlighted

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@LauraWatson wrote:

Please notice in Fred White's ST9 MP13 announcement today, RD has provided an improvement from our side to help avoid the slow ST9 dialog loads. I would be interested in hearing how well this improvement works for you.

Callout seem to have improved, now you don't see each icon appear but there is an initial lag before the command bar appear itself.

View orientation it seem to be even more slower as you can see in the video; at least when you return it doesn't repaint itself again.

(view in My Videos)

Sorry to keep posting about the bad and the ugly Smiley Frustrated

Creator
Creator
Just curious, did you do a reboot of your PC after installing the MP?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Ninth-Inning wrote:
Just curious, did you do a reboot of your PC after installing the MP?

No I didn't reboot; I will tell later today how Solid Edge behave.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Today Microsoft indicated the fix is in. Here is the KB info. I don't see an explicit mention of the GDI memory issue but I didn't follow all the links.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4058258/windows-10-update-kb4058258