Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST9 Dialog windows slow down

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Can you be more specific? Can you get a list of the updates applied? Microsoft is telling me they cannot reproduce the issue. They are concentrating on build 1709 (Fall creators update) plus patches/updates.

Experimenter
Experimenter
[cid:image001.png@01D3C2BA.EAB62EB0]

Sorry, it's in Dutch. The last entry is the suspect.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jos Buschgens | Chief Engineering

[Denta Engineering]

DENTA Engineering Molenstraat 138
3764 TJ SOEST

T +3135-6022992
M +316-22660186
jos@denta.nl

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
For god sake someone disable the "drag to insert" in assembly !!! It drives me crazy !!!

I will pay real money to have this "enhanchment" disabled !!!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Fioriniwrote:
For god sake someone disable the "drag to insert" in assembly !!! It drives me crazy !!!

......but, I use it a lot, and like the way that functionality works.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Phenom

@SeanCresswellwrote:

@Fioriniwrote:

......but, I use it a lot, and like the way that functionality works.

I would be happy even with a super secret registry key that disable it

Innovator
Innovator

@Fiorini,

Is the reason it is driving you crazy, is the fact that you are getting additional parts being added to the assembly when you don't want them added?  THAT is my issue with it.  The last thing you want is a huge assembly being inserted into the current assembly when you are trying to do a few simple things.  The problem for us is there are times when we click on the checkbox in the pathfinder to either hide or display a sub-assembly, SE considers it a "drag to insert" and places an instance of the sub-assembly or part in the current assembly.  It will not insert the sub-assembly if I slow down and hold/hestiate the mouse over the check box in the pathfinder for a second or more.  But for me, that is a difficult thing to remember to do apparently.  Oh, and the problem seems to go away if I dock or place the pathfinder in the same window that SE is running.  I use two monitors (as all of our users do) and I have the pathfinder on the left monitor and SE runs full screen on the right.  But if I dock or lock the pathfinder in the right monitor the problem goes away.  But I don't care for that option as I really like the additional screen area you get when placing the pathfinder on the left monitor.  Half of the time it isn't a huge deal to stop what you are doing and just hit escape and delete the part.  When it is a big deal is when you are navigating your way thru a very large assembly, hiding or showing sub-assemblies, and you inadvertenly get a 250,000 part assembly inserted into your current assembly and it brings you to a halt.  At that point you have two options, kill the session of SE you are working on via task manager or just wait till it gets done processing so you can delete the offending part.  Implementing the last service pack hasn't fixed the issue yet.  

Brian C.

Gears Phenom

@BrianCwrote:

@Fiorini,

Is the reason it is driving you crazy, is the fact that you are getting additional parts being added to the assembly when you don't want them added?  THAT is my issue with it.  The last thing you want is a huge assembly being inserted into the current assembly when you are trying to do a few simple things.  The problem for us is there are times when we click on the checkbox in the pathfinder to either hide or display a sub-assembly, SE considers it a "drag to insert" and places an instance of the sub-assembly or part in the current assembly.  It will not insert the sub-assembly if I slow down and hold/hestiate the mouse over the check box in the pathfinder for a second or more.  But for me, that is a difficult thing to remember to do apparently.  Oh, and the problem seems to go away if I dock or place the pathfinder in the same window that SE is running.  I use two monitors (as all of our users do) and I have the pathfinder on the left monitor and SE runs full screen on the right.  But if I dock or lock the pathfinder in the right monitor the problem goes away.  But I don't care for that option as I really like the additional screen area you get when placing the pathfinder on the left monitor.  Half of the time it isn't a huge deal to stop what you are doing and just hit escape and delete the part.  When it is a big deal is when you are navigating your way thru a very large assembly, hiding or showing sub-assemblies, and you inadvertenly get a 250,000 part assembly inserted into your current assembly and it brings you to a halt.  At that point you have two options, kill the session of SE you are working on via task manager or just wait till it gets done processing so you can delete the offending part.  Implementing the last service pack hasn't fixed the issue yet.  

Brian C.

@BrianC,

I have exactly the same issue, and I do work with 2 monitor and with pathfinder on the left monitor too.

It seem a Solid Edge issue, did you log an IR ? I would be happy to append my name to it.

Thanks

Innovator
Innovator

@Fiorini

I have not logged an IR yet.  I was hoping that the last service pack would fix it.  I will contact my VAR today and get an IR.  I will let you know what the number is once I get it.

Brian C.

Highlighted

Creator
Creator
I'm on ST10 and was having that issue. It went away at some point after the slowdown issue was resolved. Not sure if it was a Windows fix or one of the two MP's shortly after. Prior to that, I found that instead of left mouse clicking, if I right most clicked it wouldn't drag/drop another insurance. Obviously you get the normal menu, but the item is selected and you can perform whatever ribbon task you wanted from there. Just disregard the menu.

Innovator
Innovator

@Ninth-Inning

We are using ST10 as well.  We have the current Service Pack loaded.  

I guess I don't quite understand your suggestion.  Are you saying right click on the checkmark next to the part in the pathfinder?  

Brian C.