Did you mean: 

Re: ST9 Dialog windows slow down

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
No. But, I just asked again.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering what people are experiencing lately if they have the Win10 FCU? Things here seem to have improved singnificantly in the last few days.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Genius

I assume the Tuesday updates from 1/23 are on your box? MS said the memory fix didn't make it. But there's no telling what other fixes they made. Perhaps some of them mitigate or slow down the rate of performance degradation. Actually, I'm assuming MS actually pushed fixes out this Tuesday. I have 3 boxes and I know I got some updates. But I don't recall my Win10 box telling me I needed to restart. Then again, our IT decides when such updates make it to my boxes.

Heck, perhaps MS support's note saying the memory fix was delayed wasn't quite true. Maybe more than one code fix is involved and some aspect has made its way out.

I figured there might be Win updates trickling out. But I don't see any after 1/15.

Bruce Shand

Siemens Genius

Perhaps you restarted for some reason. You get a performance improvement but it is misleading. The issue slowly creeps back as GDI memory gets more and more fragmented.

IDK. We've definitely restarted a number of times. But previously it made no difference. Maybe we have self-healing PCs.

Just thought I'd ask.

Bruce Shand

Creator
Creator

I've had no OS updates for build 1709 since 01/08 which was mainly just a security update and there are none pending.  My machine with the Insider's Preview just received an update and looking thru the changelog, there was no implementation that way there and it has the same bleeding issue.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if that 1/30 date gets pushed again.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I'm really noticing the slowdown when using callouts.  I'm doing a lot of drafting right now and it's painfully slow.  There is a noticeable delay from when I hit the button and then the dialogue box takes a long time to build.

https://www.screencast.com/t/iewGlGV6

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

I have no idea why ours are not doing that anymore.

Edit: I rescind that statement and concur that lag increases over time.

Bruce Shand

Hi @kjoiner,

This is exactly as I see the impact too, and was the very first thing I noticed & posted about.

It is more so after longer sessions [as the system memory degrades], until it gets unbearable, then only a system restart clears it back to only inconvenient. Robot Frustrated

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000