ST9 Documentation, When?

[ Edited ]

Since ST9 was announced during PLM Connection (I still have a problem not typing/saying PLM World), when will the documentation be available on the GTAC site?

Matt has posted a lot of interesting features on the blog, but not to the level of detail of the standard set of documentation.

I'm selfishly asking because I have a client that I'm moving towards Solid Edge SP and I would like to get the latest changes, installation guide, etc. to make sure we're planning effectively.  The timing is working out to move to ST9 and having the documentation soon (even before ST9 is available for download) would help immensely with planning.

To be clear.  While having the actual documentation would be most helpful, just having a date for when it will be available would also be beneificial in terms of planning.

Re: ST9 Documentation, When?

Unfortunately, I believe all of that is released when the software is released.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

I believe the release date is the 19'th this month, but that could be delayed depending on what they find during beta testing. I'm waiting on ST9 to resolve a problem I have with ST7/ST8. I typically wait for MP1 before I move up, but this time I must take the plunge immediately.

Then it takes a few days to get all the license files out to people. So even when it is release, it could take a few days to get everything working.

[ Edited ]

In case anybody is interested, the Release Notes for ST9 have been posted on the GTAC site under Documentation, Solid Edge...

7/11/2016:  Adding link:  https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/se/st9/sev9releasenotes.pdf

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Some darn good items in there, hey Mr @Grundey?

I quite like, amongst numerous other things, the new Move & Rotate functionality added to flat pattern....ability to custom orient the flat profile is going to be a HUGE time saver!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10