ST9 MP8 - Settings for Saving Dft to Dwg\Dxf - Managing\Selecting AutoCAD font Not Too Wide

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please help.

Using my ERP I am in this program automatically printing the current Solid Edge draft to paper, to print file, saving it as PDF - so far so good.

For the many years I did not bother, but saving with above procedure Solid Edge draft with Arial Narrow font to DWG or DXF copy, creates this title block text too long and text gets out  of the title block border.

So my solution in all these years was just not to print title block border layer.

Now finally, I wish to do it right but I cannot find any Solid Edge setting solutions.

Doing the same in with SolidWorks, I force SolidWorks System Options -DXF/DWG to use TrueType fontinside AutoCAD, which works perfectly.

Mind you, I did stop buying Autocad in 2002, so I am saving to it to this version. I am still installing this history program beside latest DraftSight.

I wonder if any of you experts know if there is the setting in SaveAs dft to Dwg\Dxf which would take care of this problem.

I had a look at ACAD.INI but I did not see there something to take care of this.

Thanks.

Milan Wendl

AAA Engineering, Canada

Solid Edge ST9, SolidWorks 2017 Premium

Milan Wendl, MEngSc, P.Eng.
AAA Engineering, Canada
ST10, SolidWorks Premium 2017
3 REPLIES

Betreff: ST9 MP8 - Settings for Saving Dft to Dwg\Dxf - Managing\Selecting AutoCAD font Not Too Wid

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @milanw

have You looked into the options during the export.

There is a section regarding the fonts settings from SE to ACAD

When You change thme in TTF only, will this solve the problem?

20170723_0917.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: ST9 MP8 - Settings for Saving Dft to Dwg\Dxf - Managing\Selecting AutoCAD font Not Too Wid

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you very much to your prompt help.

My Solid Edge AutoCAD font chart was same as your shown in your help response above.

What I did was changed the Text Scale for the longer text data exported to draft from AAA ERP from Text Scale 1.00 to 0.85.

It's bit packed but fits fine, it reads well.

Thanks again.

Milan Wendl

AAA Engineering, Canada

Solid Edge ST9 , SolidWoks 2017 Premium

AAA Engineering, Canada

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

One of the many wishes.

I wish that I can control, while saving drafts to AutoCAD, which layers are going to be exported - on the screen or with the code.

There shout be setting in Solid Edge to export or not the layers which are hidden at the time of the export.

To blindly export out all layers in the file, without taking into the account which are not visible, is quite ignorant.

SW has the option manually or in code to export the layers based on their visibility at the time.

Milan Wendl

AAA Engineerig, Canada

ST9, SolidWorks 2017 Premium

AAA Engineering, Canada