ST9 Multiple Monitor issues

ST9 MP4

Anyone seeing Multiple Monitor issues.

Any fixes, work arounds, or IR filed?

Historically I recall Variable table being a window that might "stick" to a secondary monitor and not be accessable once only using 1 monitor.  But with ST9 im feeling like there are a lot of windows and pop ups that are not honoring SEApp space properly.

For Example:

1)  I launch SE on main monitor, move SEApp to 2nd moitor then close SE.  When i relaunch SE, the splash screen opens on Main moitor but SEapp opens on 2nd monitor.

2) If I open a Recenly used file while SE is on teh second monitor and the file opens as readonly...  the Read only assistant does not display at all.  i can not write to the file.   but if i drag SEApp to main monito then the read only assistant is now visable and i can edit my file.

3) SEapp on monitor 2, materail opens on main...

others...

anyone else seeing such behavors?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6
14 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Multiple Monitor issues

Hey @MattJohnson_PG,

Now that you mention it, I've seen a sort of similar issue.

....on my ext monitor I run two applications, Solid Edge & Excel, with everything else being on the Surface Pro3 screen.

If I move a dialogue box [which I now no longer do] on the ext monitor, then when I use SE out of the office [ie: disconnected from the dock] it is floating off screen and waiting for input, so SE is locked....forcing me to task manager close it out, until I can dock it again to correct the dialogue box set out. [usually offender is the Material Properties, which I use set to prompt at new model creation]

I find my system remembers the last used monitor settings OK, but I just have to make sure not to move anything BUT the main application window to the ext monitor. No reports of this from my other user.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

IR 7953891 has been converted to ER 7953891; Desc: Dialogs do not follow application to secondary monitors
Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.6

7 of us have dual monitors and I haven't heard of any complaints. I did try what I think matches your scenario: Open SE in main, move to second, close SE, open SE with splash on main but SE on second, open read-only recent file, and read-only box is on second and accessible.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

MattJohnson_PG wrote:
IR 7953891 has been converted to ER 7953891; Desc: Dialogs do not follow application to secondary monitors

Have asked my VAR to append us to this ER.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

In this situation where your dialog box is on the 2nd monitor and you can't access it, have you tried to Alt+Spacebar then M to move the dialog with the arrow keys? I have run into this a time or two.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST9 MP5 - Insight

Thanks Dale.  Great tip, also Windows button + Right Arrow works well...

But was hoping for a root cause or reg hack to reset globally...

seeing numerous issue.

Matt Johnson
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Matt,

I have floating dialog issues with my Surface Pro 3 (with Windows 10) and a 2nd monitor attached through the docking station.  It's not Solid Edge specific, though.

We have a user that has an Apple Cinema Display coupled with an HP ZDisplay running off of an NVIDIA Quadro K200.  Since upgrading to ST9, Solid Edge no longer highlights the parts while hovering over them.  If he takes off the Cinema Display off of the System that function returns.  He had no issues with ST8.

@mdamson, that sounds like your hitting the wall with the performance of your graphics card, which is why turning off excess graphics features restores functionality.

With respect to @MattJohnson_PG 's problem, I honestly wonder if this is a Solid Edge issue or a larger Windows 10 issue.